Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2010, 02:45 PM

Poor Service?

We have had no Land Line for over a week now, others in the area are saying that they have been off for up-to 6 weeks.

My Wife and I both have cell phones but due to the thickness of our 140 + years old house, sometimes we struggle to get signal.

We reported to the provider that our service was down, being that we both have and in my case do still work in the telecommunication industry, all diagnostics were done.

Different phone, second outlet in the master socket, called from cell phone, Ring tone no reply (RTNR) No dial tone (NDT)

Today we called for an up-date and we were informed that work will start tonight on the re-pull of the main cable.

Given that a great number of people are effected, they are going to connect residential care homes first, then get around to lifeline customers like myself in a week or two.

I am livid, I have collapsed 3 times recently and only for my emergency madalion setting off an alarm, may have been in a right mess.

The advisor on the phone, who was not in this country, says there is nothing that can be done, we must be patient.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2010, 03:53 PM

Re: Poor Service?

Sounds pretty poor to me - do they even know what the problem actually is? Half the time I'm sure they just make stuff up :/
butterfly
London
butterfly is female  butterfly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2010, 04:10 PM

Are you with BT Manxman?

A quick email to their chairman may work wonders. I had a problem with them about three years ago just to get the phone line and broadband put in. Nothing was happening until I emailed the chairman....................I had an email back from him withing ten minutes and a call from his office within the hour.

Even he couldn't work wonders but it went in a darn sight quicker than they had promised before his office became involved.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2010, 05:21 PM

Good suggestion there by Butterfly! That's exactly what I would do. That is absolutely appalling!

I do hope things are sorted out soon for you - and I would try and change the provider if you can!
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2010, 05:39 PM

Are you with BT Manxman?

A quick email to their chairman may work wonders. I had a problem with them about three years ago just to get the phone line and broadband put in. Nothing was happening until I emailed the chairman....................I had an email back from him withing ten minutes and a call from his office within the hour.

Even he couldn't work wonders but it went in a darn sight quicker than they had promised before his office became involved.[/QUOTE]

We use the same ploy, they are called various things CEO office, Chairman's office. Etc.http://www.ofcom.org.uk/

It is the same call centre staff that you deal with at the front end. OFCOM is http://www.ofcom.org.uk/ too slow and they are led by internal company audit to prove the fault was dealt with in a timely manner.

I think that I should mention the company as it may get the site in trouble.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2010, 09:56 PM

If that were here in the States and I'd gotten nothing but the run-around that you have, I'd contact my congresswoman. Would calling your MP help? Given your health, it's absolutely absurd that nothing has been done!
Manxman
Manchester, UK

16-10-2010, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
If that were here in the States and I'd gotten nothing but the run-around that you have, I'd contact my congresswoman. Would calling your MP help? Given your health, it's absolutely absurd that nothing has been done!

What a laugh

Our MP and our City Councillor, live near by and they have no phones either, so contacted local radio station.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2010, 03:20 PM

So what is the cause?

They must have told you why you have lost your land line.
Manxman
Manchester, UK

16-10-2010, 04:25 PM

The main cable is damaged, re-pull required
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2010, 04:43 PM

OMG, a cut cable is serious! We had that happen a lot here when I was working Downtown when the subway was being built; happened so frequently and as the business was dependent on phones it was a real mess!! How ironic your MP is affected too ..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top