Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2010, 11:58 AM

Experiences of the so called 'supernatural'.

I have had many experiences of the so called supernatural kind in my 60 years on this planet, in spite of which I am still convinced there is a natural explanation for everything even if it hasn't yet been discovered.

My childhood home, which stood on the remains of a house owned by Richard the Lionheart's minstrel, Blondel, of whom my family is believed to be descended, hosted a poltergeist. The activity throughout my childhood could be quite disturbing, and my parents didn't always find it easy to get babysitters! Its favourite activity was removing objects from under one's very nose, sometimes they would turn up in the same spot, even years later, or not at all. Try explaining to the teacher why you couldn't do your prep, NOT FUNNY! The scariest thing was when one of the inner doors, which normally opened and shut with ease, would start to stick and become hard to open if a member of the family or close friend was about to die. As soon as the funeral had taken place the door would return to normal. You can imagine how upset we were in 1966 when my father developed a clot on his lungs after gall bladder surgery and the door started to stick as his life hung in the balance. Fortunately he survived and as soon as he turned the corner, the door returned to normal. there were many other weird and wacky things too, but I won't bore you. I am of the opinion that people cause this type of activity albeit not consciously.

Our present home has come to media attention quite a number of times over the 13 years we have lived here, because of the activity we have experienced, but more of that anon if people are interested.

I would be interested to hear the experiences of others.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2010, 01:07 PM

Re: Experiences of the so called 'supernatural'.

When I was about 11 years old my Uncle would take my Brother (13) and me out for a stroll along the Royal canal in Dublin, usually on Saturday nights in the Summertime when he came back from the Pub. On this occasion we were crossing the wooden lock just before the bridge on the main road, when one of the old planks snapped and my Brother fell through but was caught just in time by my burly Uncle, it was quite a drop and Tommy would surely have been killed. We were very shaken and decided to head for the main roan and home. Just as we reached the bridge something made me look under it and I saw a Lady with a long white nightdress smile and pass under the bridge as if she was walking on the water!. I pulled Tommy's arm and pointed to the Woman, yes he saw it too!. He lives in London and anytime I visit him we talk about the lucky escape he had and why nobody would believe us.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2010, 01:19 PM

I have seen an apparition of a monk in our house and property on six occasions since we lived here. I believe the apparitions were a peculiarity of my brain, but on one occasion an image of a monk appeared in the window of the lounge on a photo I had taken!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2010, 10:26 PM

Shhhh .... DS if you're trying to to sell your place?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2010, 10:49 PM

I've always been fascinated by the supernatural and ESP, but have about as much ESP as a turnip. My cat has more than I do. I'm an Earth sign (Taurus, and the Horse in the Chinese zodiac), so it's not surprising. I did think I saw the ghost of my Siamese cat one evening walking thru the hallway once. But later, realized it was just a bit of drifting cigarette smoke, wishful thinking and an overactive imagination.
Dancingsky
None

18-10-2010, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Shhhh .... DS if you're trying to to sell your place?
Fortunately for us ALL activity stopped in January 2008. The house wasn't noted for any unusual activity before we moved in!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 08:25 AM

Not really - had a few appearances of my late parents and my brother but that was all!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2010, 09:25 AM

I do have some kind of "gift" but I've never actually used it or tried to train because you do have to train to try to use it properly or you can get into serious trouble.The 1st incident that I can remember was when I was about 7 years old I think.
We lived in Portsmouth as my Dad was in the Royal Navy. The street we lived in was a typical terraced street with doors opening onto the pavement and they all had those red doorsteps the women loved to polish.
We'd only been living there a short while and I was standing outside the front door, waiting for my Mum or something and I saw a woman two or three doors down polishing her front doorstep. I think it was called shellacking but it was a long time ago. Anyway, I went over and said hello and she replied but carried on with the step. I did all the talking and she just looked up at me occasionally or grunted a reply.
After a few minutes my mother called me from our front door so I went over to her as she went back in to get my sister. "What were you doing?" she eventually asked so I said that I was talking to the lady. She said something about my daydreaming again and that was that.
I started to see this woman regularly and on another occasion I walked down to talk to her. Again she said very little in return and again my mother called me home and asked what I was doing. When I told her I was talking to the lady she said I was being silly because there was nobody there.
I no longer told my mother but I saw the woman all the time, once in the street with a man when I was coming home from school. One day my mother asked me if I still saw the woman so I told her that I did and she asked me to describe her. I told my mother all about this woman and she said that was OK.
Later, when my Dad came in I heard them talking about me.
My mother said she'd asked the neighbours about the house where I saw the woman and they told her that nobody lived there anymore because the couple that had lived there were killed in a bombing raid during WWII on the docks.
The woman had been meeting her husband and getting fish & chips when the raid began and the German bombers over-shot the railway yards and bombed the street where the chip shop was. There were no survivors. The only relative, a son, was killed in the Merchant Navy on the Murmansk run and council attempts to get new tennants always failed because of strange things being reported in the house.
I still saw the woman regularly but my mother always tried to keep me away from that house. stevmk2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2010, 02:53 PM

What an interesting story ...... kinda spooky though!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2010, 03:11 PM

I'd just like to add another thing - when I was 17 I went to a funfair somewhere near Southgate, North London with two or three friends. There was a fortune teller there and we decided to try her out.
The others went in first and came out telling me what she'd said and that it was a load of old rubbish anyway, then I went in.
As I entered this makeshift "tent" the woman was not even looking my way and she said "You don't need me dear. You have the gift yourself".When she turned round she smiled and said she wouldn't take my money but she did say one thing. "You'll never be rich". She was right there - but I knew it. stevmk2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top