Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 10:28 AM

Talcum Powder???

Whatever happended to talcum powder?

I think most folk seemed to use it years ago.
If you used the Bathroom directly after your husband, wife or children, it was like a fog!! LOL

Then all of a sudden ..... GONE!!!

Rainbow
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 10:32 AM

Re: Talcum Powder???

It isn't supposed to be good for you as it gets into places it shouldn't, apparently.
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 10:50 AM

Perhaps that is why I now wear odd socks!!! LOL

Rainbow

Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 11:12 AM

I still keep a pack of Johnson's Baby talcum around, but rarely use it, except sometimes on feet.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 11:26 AM

I hated it! Always made me sneeze and cough, so never used it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 11:58 AM

When my daughter had her children, the midwives advised her not to use baby powder or any talc on her babies and she has never used it on them or herself from the day they were born.

At one time there was talk of a link between talc and ovarian cancer, I'm not sure how true that is. Also inhaling talcum powder can be dangerous ...
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 12:19 PM

We used to powder babies after every nappy change, it certainly isn't done now as it is harmful, so they say.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 01:56 PM

I remb it too, my mum would put it on us after bath time - what was it's purpose exactly? To act like a perfume? :-/
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I remb it too, my mum would put it on us after bath time - what was it's purpose exactly? To act like a perfume? :-/
There are many uses for talc, Azz - it absorbs dampness from the skin and keeps the skin dry especially after bathing or showering.

It helps to prevent chafing and rashes...

If you sweep some talc into cracks of a wooden floor it can prevent the boards from squeaking.

As well as perfumed, you can buy medicated and perfume-less talc.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 02:32 PM

I think at one time there were concerns that some powders which contained aluminium might be carcinogenic, but I don't know if that is still so. For many years now Health Visitors have advised mums not to "talc" their babies. I still use a bit of baby talc on my feet sometimes. I like the feel of it and it makes them smell nice.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top