Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 10:56 AM

Good Handwriting

Do you ever take the time to write anything in your best handwriting?

I used to really enjoy taking time to write very neatly (and special) - but now write quick and neat (at least generally neat)! LOL.

(For some reason I hate using black ink - much preferring blue)

Rainbow
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 11:20 AM

Re: Good Handwriting

Never, I use the computer always!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 11:59 AM

I pride myself on my neat handwriting If I am writing a letter and make the smallest of mistakes in it, I always scrap the paper and start afresh.

I have a 94 year old aunt who still corresponds through letters, I can honestly say that her handwriting hasn't changed at all throughout the years. I think she's amazing to have kept up her standard of neatness.

Like you Rainbow, I too much prefer blue ink to black!
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 12:04 PM

Im the same mags, it has to be perfect. I write in black using a fountain pen and on good quality paper vellum with matching envelope.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
Im the same mags, it has to be perfect. I write in black using a fountain pen and on good quality paper vellum with matching envelope.
Oh yes, Cassie ....... the paper and envelope definitely has to match! I wouldn't dream of sending a letter in any old envelope!

This thread has got me thinking, I may now even treat myself to a new fountain/cartridge pen.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 12:11 PM

My handwriting is awful, it always has been. We had handwriting lessons at school where you had to turn our a perfect copy without blots and smudges, what a complete waste of time, imo!
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 12:12 PM

Oh, and sending a letter on lined paper is dreadful!!! I dont mean using the lined guide you place underneath, I mean those lined pads!!
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 12:20 PM

I did/do enjoy good hand-writing. I hate an error in writing, or even if the letter or word looks untidy compared to the rest - your eye is drawn to the mistake and spoils the general look. I have to scrub and start again.

I also like special pictorial cards - problem is being restricted to how much you can convey!

(Nothing nicer than a fountain pen - must think to put it on my shopping list)!

Rainbow

Cassie
West Wales

21-10-2010, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Rainbow ->
I did/do enjoy good hand-writing. I hate an error in writing, or even if the letter or word looks untidy compared to the rest - your eye is drawn to the mistake and spoils the general look. I have to scrub and start again.

I also like special pictorial cards - problem is being restricted to how much you can convey!

(Nothing nicer than a fountain pen - must think to put it on my shopping list)!

Rainbow

Why not put a nice fountain pen on your Christmas wishlist
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

21-10-2010, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
Why not put a nice fountain pen on your Christmas wishlist
....... and don't forget the blotting paper!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top