Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 12:26 PM

Re: Good Handwriting

I would prefer not to receive postcards either. It pains me to think of people wasting their precious holidays writing the flipping things. One of my sisters sends them even when on a short weekend break, which is daft imo, I have told her not to bother. I never send postcards.

I long for the day when all birthday and Christmas greetings can be done by e-mail, so much more environmental than having to chuck the things out as soon as the festival is over and done with, which is December 27th where Christmas is concerned!
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
....... and don't forget the blotting paper!
Heavens yes and an antique knee hole desk!!!!!! Seriously though I do like to be sitting at a table
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 12:29 PM

When we did Hand-writing at School - we HAD to use a fountain pen - biros were a definite no-no!

Never used, or needed (or would) use blotting paper

Rainbow
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rainbow ->
When we did Hand-writing at School - we HAD to use a fountain pen - biros were a definite no-no!

Never used, or needed (or would) use blotting paper

Rainbow
So what happened when you turned the page and the ink was still wet?
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 12:38 PM

I blew on it, or gave a soft shake, or placed to one side to be dry.

(Funny, but when I am printing several items, I still separate for just a couple of moments, just in case they smudge)!!

Rainbow
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rainbow ->
Do you ever take the time to write anything in your best handwriting?

I used to really enjoy taking time to write very neatly (and special) - but now write quick and neat (at least generally neat)! LOL.

(For some reason I hate using black ink - much preferring blue)

Rainbow
I use a fountain pen to write letters with and like they say, 'Practice makes perfect'.

If you dont use hand-writing then you lose the neatness it can sometimes produce.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 01:08 PM

In answer to the OP... nope I prefer to type a letter, or send via email
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Azz love I think we might be in the minority!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Ahhh though Azz, you aren't quite of our generation yet, are you?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 03:59 PM

This thread is very similar to another recent one.
I think a handwritten letter is nice - it is personal and I believe it says that you have taken the time and trouble to write to the person receiving the letter. I think handwriting does deterioriate a bit as you get older - I know mine has. Like others who have posted, good quality paper, matching envelope with the letter written in ink means more to me than an e-mail or typed letter. I still have letters and cards from my dad and grandparents - and I treasure them - you can't keep e-mails in the same way.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top