Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 08:19 AM

Re: Long, Short Hair or Re-Style?

My mother insisted my hair was permed from the age of ten as it was very straight, I hated that, but what Mum said went! Since the menopause it has developed a curl, which is nice. I did used to colour my hair from time to time, but gave up as I don't think it good for the hair. Besides which it has kept its natural colour well. A few years ago I had a bet with my daughters that if I coloured my hair in a really outrageous colour, their father wouldn't notice. I used a wash in wash out purple dye whilst he was at work, and waited for the reaction! As predicted he didn't even notice!
Elizabeth
Cotswolds
Elizabeth is female 

22-10-2010, 08:48 AM

I used to wear my hair much longer but nowadays think it is better to be shorter. Off to the hairdressers this afternoon and I have been going to the same one for about 20 years and I trust him to cut and style it as he thinks would suit.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 11:20 AM

I have medium length these days, but used to love having long hair. I thought it was very sophisticated to have it swept up into a chignon or french pleat. I always wanted to be blonde, but my hair is too dark. Messed about with it a lot over the years, but now I just wash and go, with a bit of fluffing up round the edges.
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 12:05 PM

Dancingsky, fancy perming a child's hair!!!
It is odd how if we have straight, we want it curly and vice-versa!!

Your purple hair and hubby not noticing, reminded me of the joke on this Site regarding the Black Bra and Mask!

Elizabeth, You obviously feel good trust in your hair-dresser. I don't think I would feel comfortable giving them full control of what and how!!!

Aerolor, Mine is also medium long now. When it was very long (younger) - it was very straight, presumably to do with weight of length. Now the length is reduced it has a slight natural curl.
I like the option of still being able to wear it off my face if preferred.

Rainbow
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 12:15 PM

Dancingsky, fancy perming a child's hair!!!
It is odd how if we have straight, we want it curly and vice-versa!!

Your purple hair and hubby not noticing, reminded me of the joke on this Site regarding the Black Bra and Mask!

My mother does/did a lot of odd things!

I don't remember the joke, but my husband isn't very observant where I am concerned, we are too used to each other. Mind you if a drop dead gorgeous woman walked through the door he would no doubt be drooling!
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 06:05 PM

My hair was always being permed when I was a child as it was so straight. My mother and my grandmother used to use those long pipe cleaner type things on my hair and funnily enough it usually turned out ok. I loved curly hair and for years (before I was married I might add) went to bed in curlers (before heated rollers came in). Now have shortish and very layered hair which is so easy but stylish - I think
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 09:10 PM

Was there a hair solution called Twink? Mum used to tie my hair up in rags overnight and I seem to remember this blue box with a bottle of Twink in it?
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 09:19 PM

I have worn my hair in a chin length bob for a number of years, I have it trimmed and coloured every 6 weeks, dark underneath and lighter on top, sometimes I have a few highlights as well...
buddi bo
lincs
buddi bo is female  buddi bo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2010, 09:29 AM

I used to have my hair long , then decided as i was getting older it would look better short.
I am now in the process of growing it into a chin lengh bob, its got quite a lot of grey so i have low lights put in , at the moment its at the "omg what a mess " stage .
charaku
New Member!
Sapporo, Japan
charaku is male 

23-10-2010, 11:44 AM

i remember my mum and sisters doing 'Toni' home perms...it stank, they did a lot of strange things...'friar's balsam' springs to mind, was that a face pack?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top