Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 08:07 PM

Funny Memory?

Well mine was both bizarre and hilarious (afterwards)!

When I started feeding my dogs on a raw diet. I decided to mash the chicken carcass, wings and rabbit, to make it easier for the puppy to munch and crunch. So it was early in the morning, (no make-up on - scary itself)!! I stuffed the chicken and rabbit into a plastic carrier bag, and began bashing the bag in the Kitchen with a mallet.

All was going well, until the bag suddenly burst, and blood and goo whooshed everywhere ..... in my face, unbrushed hair, across the floor, and up the walls and cupboards. Myself and Kitchen looked like an abattoir.

I decided that I was committed to finishing the job, so donned a pair of wellies (yes, it was that horrible) and continued .......

Then the inevitable happened - a Gas Man rang the doorbell.
I answered the door, with dogs barking in the background, wearing a dressing gown with wellingtons, no make-up, hair unbrushed, holding a mallet and blood and goo splattered liberally ..........

I will leave it to you to guess whether he came in or not.

Rainbow
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 08:10 PM

Re: Funny Memory?

Oh love it Rainbow
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 08:13 PM

The Gas Man didn't Buttercup!!

Rainbow
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 08:22 PM

He's probably been off work with stress ever since When I first read your post I laughed out loud and the dogs looked at me as if I had gone mad
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 08:29 PM

- you must have been a sight for sore eyes!
alima
surrey
alima is female  alima has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 08:43 PM

Ooh Rainbow, the gas man will be dining out on that story for years.

Strangely enough, my story involves a gas man - just hope it wasn't the same bloke.

You know how kids always succumb to advertising and ask for breakfast cereals that they like the sound of but never eat? Well, my kids used to do that and it culminated in Pop Tarts. They begged for them and despite my better judgement - and having spent loads on cereals that they never ate - I bought the Pop Tarts.

What I didn't know was that on the first morning of the Pop Tart breakfast, my husband had let in the gas man to read the meter that was just out of sight of the kitchen. So, when I got in there and heard that 'we don't like Pop Tarts', I just went nuts. I mean totally apeshit. Months and years of wasted money was vented in one adult tantrum about 'Pop Tarts'. I think my shouting went on a while.

There was total silence and then the poor scared gas man crept round the corner. No-one knew what to say.............

........till my husband said, 'Fancy a Pop Tart'?
Rainbow
Surrey UK

21-10-2010, 09:03 PM

LOL Alima, Could sooooo imagine it. Hope you quickly adapted a calm natural face, and asked the chap with a smile; "Tea, with or without sugar"?

Buttercup, It is good to have a spontaneous laugh isn't it? That just happened as I read Alima's account too!

Merz, Still am!!!!

PS. Wouldn't it be great, if those two Gas Men ever met up!!! (No one would believe them).
Worse if it turned out to be the same chap!! YIKES he may still be on heavy medication!

Rainbow
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 09:43 PM

Thank you both for the hilarious stories ... best laugh I've had in days!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 10:40 PM

Brilliant stories from both of you - I'm afraid nothing has happened to me that could come anywhere near matching that!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 10:52 PM

LOL Rainbow!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top