Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 09:21 AM

Desert Island Disc's

I often used to listen to Desert Island Disc's and I wondered what everyone's selection would be if they were stranded on a desert island.

My choices would be:-

My Way---Frank Sinatra, The way I have lived my life.

Wonderful world---Louis Armstrong. What a wonderful place we live in.

Memories---Barbara Stiesand. Brings back happy times.

Over the rainbow---Judy Garland. In case I need to remember the year I was born.

Tonight I celebrate My Love---Peabo Bryson & Roberta Flack. Reminds me of the Love I share with my wife.

Bohemian Rhapsody---Queen. Reminds me of our kids when they were young.

I left my heart in San Francisco---Tony Bennett. Reminds me of the Good places I have been.

Intermezzo from Cavalleria Rusticana---Pietro Mascagni. Something to relax to.

Book, SAS Survival Handbook---John Wiseman. I would need to survive to enjoy what the Lord had given me. Peace,Quite and Solitude.

Luxury. My wife. The one true luxury I have had most of my life.( next would be an Air Conditioning unit)
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 10:15 AM

Re: Desert Island Disc's

My parents had Desert Island Discs on when I was a child, but not being in the least bit interested in music, I haven't listened to the programme since.

I must admit the idea of being alone on a desert island without my carees has great appeal to me.

If it were possible, on eight CDs I would want.

1.The Harry Potter stories
2. Sherlock Homes stories
3. Agatha Christie stories
4. The Danielle Steele novels
5. Barbara Taylor Bradford Novels
6. PD James Novels
7. Jeffrey Archer Novels
8. The Bible (NIV)

My luxury would be a computer with broadband so I could keep in touch with my children and grandchildren.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 03:35 PM

All Johnny Cash records
Trad Jazz - Syd Phillips
Kenneth McKellar records
Nat King Cole
Satchmo
Jimmy Shand and his band!!

Thanks for posting up this thread, AB. Good one!
telmar
yorkshire uk
telmar is female  telmar has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 03:43 PM

Anything by Elvis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 03:52 PM

Jeff Waynes 'War of the worlds' albulm.

Featuring the likes of Richard Burton, Julie Covington, Justin Haywood, David Essex, Phil Lynot and a great orchestra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8JLqsbK5V0

This album should be listened to in semi darkness, perhaps a nice fire or some candles. Together with a good red wine and cheese.

http://www.thewaroftheworlds.com/Landingpage.aspx

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top