Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 12:41 PM

Re: Removal Van again????

Originally Posted by Rainbow ->
Stick to your guns Dancingsky, That seems a lot of moves! You both need to feel it is right for you! Hope you can think and agree on the right location.

Might you perhaps decide on having a Car Boot Sale after your 'clear out'? It is surprising how much we seem to accumulate

Rainbow
My husband and I aren't likely to agree on what is right for us, especially now he is brain damaged. I have POA and will go above his head if I have to, as I do know what is best these days. Still it is all hypothetical at present as nothing is selling in our area.

I dump my stuff at the charity shops, they might as well benefit. I usually offer it to the kids first of course. I never tell my husband what I am getting rid of as he wouldn't let it go, he is much more sentimental than I am, but fortunately for me he only remembers it if he sees it.
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 12:42 PM

Mags, that was why I was pleased you mentioned it!! LOL.
(I felt silly to say anything otherwise)

Personally, I think those two gents are looking at OG laying flat on his back smiling, and discussing why he might be doing that? .... "Well, you know OG nothing surprises us"!!

Rainbow

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 12:47 PM

Mags, that was why I was pleased you mentioned it!! LOL.
(I felt silly to say anything otherwise)

Personally, I think those two gents are looking at OG laying flat on his back smiling, and discussing why he might be doing that? .... "Well, you know OG nothing surprises us"!!

Rainbow

I think you may be right there! I hope he gives us an explanation!
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 12:49 PM

Dancingsky, you need to get yourselves on that TV programme - "A Place in the Country" - Tell the Presenter what you BOTH are looking for - and give him/her the nightmare of trying to find a compromise!!! (Sounds like it would be interesting)!!!

Very sorry to hear that your husband is not well. Hope his limitations do not create turmoil and distress to him, and that you and your family are able to manage together with as little stress as possible.

Rainbow
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 03:33 PM

Just the once!
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 04:24 PM

Mags, Obviously I am being thick - but did not understand the photo!! OG, please explain (be gentle and patient with me)!! LOL

Rainbow
I didn't have a clue what was going on either - thought Dr OG was having a funny turn
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 04:50 PM

Dancingsky, you need to get yourselves on that TV programme - "A Place in the Country" - Tell the Presenter what you BOTH are looking for - and give him/her the nightmare of trying to find a compromise!!! (Sounds like it would be interesting)!!!

Very sorry to hear that your husband is not well. Hope his limitations do not create turmoil and distress to him, and that you and your family are able to manage together with as little stress as possible.

Rainbow
I think we need to be a little less rural than we are at present!

My husband's problems cause him and me great stress and turmoil, it would have been far kinder if he hadn't survived his brain haemorrhage! But he did, so we have to make the best of it.
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 05:43 PM

From the age of 4 up to middle teens we moved about six times (because of my father's job) and I hated it. Just wanted to hide away every time - I think mostly because as a child you are leaving your friends and have to start all over again. Being very shy as a child also hated starting new schools. My husband and I moved five times, three of those in the same area. I am not moving ever again!!!! Someone else can sort out the attic

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top