Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 06:38 PM

Now I have heard everything!

A new travel company is offering people the opportunity to send their cuddly toys on holiday to Paris.

Customers send their toys to the firm, who then provide daily updates about the toy's whereabouts and post photographs of the trip on Facebook.

Furry Toys Tours, whose prices start at £88 plus shipping, says the service was inspired by the 2001 movie 'Amélie', in which a character sends her father photographs of his garden gnome at various locations.

Denis Gerber, who founded the company, told Wired: "Paris is the most visited city in the world by human beings and there is no reason why it shouldn't be for furry toys as well.

"We don't sell trips to furry toys, we don't sell pictures, what we actually sell is a kind of emotion. The day your child or partner receives their first email containing a photo of their toy, that is the emotion we are selling. It is sweet and poetic."

The service also includes a set of photographs, a travel certificate and a souvenir from Paris.
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 06:42 PM

Re: Now I have heard everything!

Oh for God's sake what is going on? It is quite frightening/sad that there are actually people around who will participate - hopefully not on this forum. Come on - own up
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by buttercup ->
Oh for God's sake what is going on? It is quite frightening/sad that there are actually people around who will participate - hopefully not on this forum. Come on - own up
You are right it is sad! People who participate in this nonsense would certainly have more money than sense. Surely if you have £88 to throw away it is better donated to charity!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 07:43 PM

I can see some of those lovely cuddly teddy bears etc. been kicked around the airport stores when the new pay cuts start to bite.
alima
surrey
alima is female  alima has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dancingsky ->
You are right it is sad! People who participate in this nonsense would certainly have more money than sense. Surely if you have £88 to throw away it is better donated to charity!
Folks with more money than sense are just begging to be parted from it.

But they should be ashamed. In a world where there is real need, I can't believe that anyone would think that sort of self-indulgence was ok.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 08:07 PM

I thought it was a great idea....

I wanted to send Teddy Po to Paris but with the price of the trip and the cost of getting him a passport I could not afford to do it.
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
I thought it was a great idea....

I wanted to send Teddy Po to Paris but with the price of the trip and the cost of getting him a passport I could not afford to do it.
That is such a shame. Why not post him to the Eiffel Tower enclosing a sae for his return - he will not know the difference - honest..
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 10:21 PM

Lol well I can think of better ways to spend £80!!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 10:52 PM

"A fool and his money are soon parted" ... how utterly ridiculous.
Elizabeth
Cotswolds
Elizabeth is female 

23-10-2010, 12:31 AM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top