Join for free
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2010, 06:43 AM

Saturday thoughts

Good Morning Everyone! What is it they say? The early bird catches the worms - well I have been up and about since 5 am this morning The only thing I am catching is the cold It is cold outside and very damp up here.

Hope you all enjoy your Saturday, whatever you do.

Take care and stay safe
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2010, 07:17 AM

Re: Saturday thoughts

Hi everyone - loads of rain in the night. Very dark outside still. Hope you all have a good day.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2010, 08:09 AM

Good morning.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2010, 08:47 AM

I just opened the post and discovered I had been sent an unpleasant anonymous letter, no postmark, no stamp, but it had obviously come through the mail. This is the second one I have received in the last 4/5 years. It eluded to the letters I have published in my home Island's press! They aren't controversial, often complimentary of the Island, so I am not sure who is offended by them, possibly one of the school bullies who made my life a misery all those many years ago! My husband tells me to laugh it off but it still leaves an unpleasant taste in the mouth.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2010, 10:44 AM

I would report it to the police and also get the PO to check your mail before your get it. These types of letters can be very upsetting for you. I do hope, DS, that you don't receive any more.

We the others post marked? If not, perhaps it is someone locally who has a wee grudge, or is jealous of you.

Take care.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2010, 10:55 AM

This is not a contest so I'm not trying to beat anyone up to get that worm. It's 2:45 in the morning here as I take care of business in the bathroom. My apartment maintenance crew had the water shut off most of the day. They got it up and running after I went to bed last night. I emptied out my two ice cube trays into my water pitcher so I'd have drinking water. I have a stack of dirty dishes to do this morning. I really love my apartment management and their crews. They are first rate.

Enjoyed a fun day driving along the beach yesterday in my Smart Car. Put on about 200 miles soaking up the beautiful sunshine before the aweful weather sets in this morning. Expecting over 2 inches of rain this weekend without a dry day for the next 7. The Fall rains have begun. Have a great day!
Dancingsky
None

23-10-2010, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
I would report it to the police and also get the PO to check your mail before your get it. These types of letters can be very upsetting for you. I do hope, DS, that you don't receive any more.

We the others post marked? If not, perhaps it is someone locally who has a wee grudge, or is jealous of you.

Take care.
It isn't worth the hassle as the letter would have come from the island and not written by someone local.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2010, 02:16 PM

Rainy day here today! Gotta drive thro it tho as I'm out visiting my sis today
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2010, 02:27 PM

Heavy rain through the night, it was one of my sleepless nights so I was able to hear it lashing on the window.

We spent a nice couple of hours at my grandson's birthday party last evening ........ I swear I saw a bit of a swagger in his step now he is 8!! I also had a slice of his Sponge Bob birthday cake ....... naughty but quite delicious!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2010, 04:55 PM

Hi all~! Sunny but still chilly, below normal: 11 C (51 F). but wind has died down and a warm-up forecast for the next several days, may make 22 C this afternoon. Normal high is 16.

My furry alarm likes a lie-in too so we both had one this morning .. oh the joys of an older cat who is reasonable about breakfast! No library, still on the last of the epic.

Need to do some pruning/whacking in the back garden this afternoon when it's warmer.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top