Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2019, 11:11 PM

Re: Getting fit for 2019 - Are you going to?

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Collies?
No! Dogs. They all walk.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	D99C5DB3-56EF-4C10-BF4F-9DC4F5AFF21E.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	8825  
jubbles
New Member!
US
jubbles is female 

23-02-2019, 08:50 PM

I have always considered myself as a lazy woman, who is a busy housewife. But lately, I feel that I am always tired even before it's night time. I felt that it was because I lacked exercise and staying healthy.
Apart from eating healthier, it's my 2019 goal to start doing more simple exercises that can be done at home such as squats, lifting and neck training... Health is definitely wealth...
UniGeezer
California, USA
UniGeezer is male  UniGeezer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 06:40 PM

After my hip injury a little over a year and a half ago I thought I would never ride again let alone do any serious exercise training, but luckily I'm pretty much healed and back in the saddle but not doing as many risky things. Cheers to the best 2019!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 06:51 PM

After doing a crippling (to me at least) a long walk up and down hills at Scotney castle the next day (yesterday) I could hardly walk the upper parts of the legs were in agony.
Today not quite so bad so walked into our village and back , about 1.5 miles. Going to have to walk further to get fit enough for the Hols
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 04:33 PM

Trying! .... got onto manual pedals (exercise bike) from electric passive training ones this year. Slowly getting a bit further each month!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 09:59 PM

My main exercise is walking. - My nearest shop is 1 x mile from my house - so it is a 2 x mile trip each time I go shopping. While I had an injured foot friends either took me in their car or did my shopping for me. In between I languished on the sofa with a stack of DVDs. 4 x months of idleness is not good!!

Now the foot is better - I am walking to the shops again - plus - I have joined a rambling group that meets on alternate Thursdays. I want to rebuild my stamina gradually. My diet is healthy in as much as I cook everything from scratch using best quality products - not so good as I have a tendency to eat more than I should - to combat this I am cooking and eating smaller portions. Also once I replace my freezer I can discipline myself to freeze left-overs instead of eating them!

I did not lose any weight while I was injured - but - did not gain any either so perhaps the smaller portions are beginning to work.

Hopefully I will be fighting fit again before Winter sets in.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 04:10 AM

ST, I've been wondering how you've been getting along...

Four months! I had no idea. I am so sorry to know you and "The Thing" had such a lengthy relationship. So pleased to know that you finally sent him packing .

How nice it must be for you to be walking again and enjoying your group. Happy miles .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
My main exercise is walking. - My nearest shop is 1 x mile from my house - so it is a 2 x mile trip each time I go shopping. While I had an injured foot friends either took me in their car or did my shopping for me. In between I languished on the sofa with a stack of DVDs. 4 x months of idleness is not good!!

Now the foot is better - I am walking to the shops again - plus - I have joined a rambling group that meets on alternate Thursdays. I want to rebuild my stamina gradually. My diet is healthy in as much as I cook everything from scratch using best quality products - not so good as I have a tendency to eat more than I should - to combat this I am cooking and eating smaller portions. Also once I replace my freezer I can discipline myself to freeze left-overs instead of eating them!

I did not lose any weight while I was injured - but - did not gain any either so perhaps the smaller portions are beginning to work.

Hopefully I will be fighting fit again before Winter sets in.
Glad to hear you are on the mend Tabs
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Glad to hear you are on the mend Tabs

Yes, me too Tabby......
You can't keep a good woman down, ata boy Tabs.........

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top