Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

09-06-2020, 02:31 AM

Re: And The Winner is.....Cricket!

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Well I don't know about you all but I have thoroughly enjoyed this ashes series. Despite the odd bit of crowd argy bargy it was pretty civilised from where I sat. More than was expected I have to say. I think both captains approached the context in a dignified way and gave it their best as did their respective teams. Each side had their hero who made them feel proud (Smith and Stokes). The weather saved it's sunniest smile for The Oval and England saved their dignity with a great second innings knock to draw the series. Ashes retained by Australia yes but I think these two teams will be champing at the proverbial bit to enter into this old, glorious and treasured contest again and prove once again that this is indeed THE greatest game on Earth!..As I said previously, the final result was the one I was hoping for more than a clean sweep by Australia. And that was that the biggest winner of all was cricket itself. Well done everybody.
Was about the best Ashes I have seen keezoy. An expert could not have scripted it better. It had everything.. true cricket theatre.https://www.over50sforum.com/images/icons/icon14.gif
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 11:24 AM

Well I don't know about you all but I have thoroughly enjoyed this ashes series. Despite the odd bit of crowd argy bargy it was pretty civilised from where I sat. More than was expected I have to say. I think both captains approached the context in a dignified way and gave it their best as did their respective teams. Each side had their hero who made them feel proud (Smith and Stokes). The weather saved it's sunniest smile for The Oval and England saved their dignity with a great second innings knock to draw the series. Ashes retained by Australia yes but I think these two teams will be champing at the proverbial bit to enter into this old, glorious and treasured contest again and prove once again that this is indeed THE greatest game on Earth!..As I said previously, the final result was the one I was hoping for more than a clean sweep by Australia. And that was that the biggest winner of all was cricket itself. Well done everybody.
Originally Posted by Swannie148 ->
Was about the best Ashes I have seen keezoy. An expert could not have scripted it better. It had everything.. true cricket theatre.https://www.over50sforum.com/images/icons/icon14.gif
I completely agree.

Cricket is by far the best sport in my opinion. I watch nothing else, certainly not football with its prima donnas pretending to be hurt, rolling on the floor and spitting for the rest of the time. Invariably, they are as thick as two short planks and grossly overpaid as well.
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

24-06-2020, 02:39 AM

Australia is still planning to host India in November for a four tester despite the sub continental giant having new Covid spikes almost daily. If the Indian side is virus free in September I say bring them here, quarantine them to cover all angles. At least this way they can have no excuse for lack of climatization. They can also play several of our state sides as series warmups.
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

24-06-2020, 02:40 AM

Reading that Pakistan is going ahead with its tour of England despite almost half of its squad testing positive for Covid. Is this taking a huge risk ECB? How are the English players traveling re the virus?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Swannie148 ->
Reading that Pakistan is going ahead with its tour of England despite almost half of its squad testing positive for Covid. Is this taking a huge risk ECB? How are the English players traveling re the virus?
Cricket isn't really a close-contact sport, so I can see how it could be played quite safely if careful provisions are made for social distancing off the pitch.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 08:38 AM

Almost agree but what about the ball?..Sanitised after every over?..Dunno.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

28-06-2020, 12:11 PM

Almost agree but what about the ball?..Sanitised after every over?..Dunno.
I don't know how long the virus can live on leather.
I've heard that it can live for up to three days on metal and plastic, but not for very long on paper and card.

I think if the players keep their hands away from their faces after handling the ball, they'd probably be safe.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top