Join for free
Matchu
Scarborough
Matchu is male  Matchu has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 04:28 PM

Superior Weekend of Films

As intellectual pursuit [I] decided rather than typing to myself every day to watch films for two days. I am prepared to debate any one of the titles with film experts in the field

1 1917 - was like a children's film, dialogue very 21st century I was annoyed 5 stars, probably for men only. [cost money]

2 The Irony of Fate is known as 'Russian 4 Weddings and a funeral.' All Slavs like this film. I liked this film, a little slow in middle, dialogue in Russian with subtitles, sexy Russian music. Good drinking levels. Five stars. [free on Youtube]

The next two selections are more advanced class, my mother would not watch these films because she is parochial [lives in Devon].

3 Tokyo Story. A proper film that provides you some mental illness at the ending. Film people say this might be the 'greatest film ever in history.' I recommend the film about being horrible to granny and granddad when they come to visit. Stirring & moving. 5 Stars. [Youtube]

4 Bicycle Thieves is regarded as the third best film in history. It is very good about a bicycle in Italy whose chap goes searching for scoundrels who stole this bicycle. His boy Bruno searches aside him. They eat in pizzeria & Bruno is cute he makes you cry. 5 stars. [Youtube]

I believe it was some achievement to watch these films, I'm not looking for praise. I anticipate your recommendations to continue my cinematic nourishment, with links please. Worthy and painful where possible.

Thank you, Mat Cinema

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top