Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 08:43 AM

Trash and the poop dog wars

With all the news about filthy irresponsible people leaving their trash about there is another disgusting facet to living today .
Dog poop
As many know I am an animal lover and have a dog .
But I am disgusted by the amount of dog poop that filthy irresponsible people do not pooper scoop .
It’s just terrible .
And it’s hazardous to health even the most meticulously wormed dog carries parasites and you can bet your life those who don’t pooper scoop are not fussy about worming either .
We have a major problem in our village which is small and civilised .
Except for one multiple dog owner who walks the lanes twice a day allowing his four ( or more ) large dogs to poop anywhere .
He never picks up and if challenged will get nasty .
He’s youngish and tough looking (you know the arrogant but brain dead moron look )
Alas he also breeds children and true to form they take the dogs out and allow them to poop everywhere.
The country lane he favours is used by many and it now stinks .
Wha can anyone do with such people ?
They are not open to reason and think they have a right to filthy everywhere .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 09:06 AM

Re: Trash and the poop dog wars

That should have been titled Dog Poop wars !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

26-06-2020, 09:15 AM

In the nearby small country town they have a similar problem .
There is a river and people go and picnic and leave bag loads of trash .
They also have a dog poop problem .
A 15 year old boy has taken it upon himself to clean up the place and he has done great work .
However in one place plagued by dog poop he made out of an old wheelie bin a dog poop disposal bin .
The residents were delighted and the poop situation improved .
But then ....
The council made them take it away saying he had no licence to put up a dog poop bin .
You really couldn’t make it up !
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
With all the news about filthy irresponsible people leaving their trash about there is another disgusting facet to living today.
Dog poop
As many know I am an animal lover and have a dog.
But I am disgusted by the amount of dog poop that filthy irresponsible people do not pooper scoop.
It’s just terrible.
And it’s hazardous to health even the most meticulously wormed dog carries parasites and you can bet your life those who don’t pooper scoop are not fussy about worming either.
We have a major problem in our village which is small and civilised.
Except for one multiple dog owner who walks the lanes twice a day allowing his four ( or more ) large dogs to poop anywhere.
He never picks up and if challenged will get nasty .
He’s youngish and tough looking (you know the arrogant but brain dead moron look).
Alas he also breeds children and true to form they take the dogs out and allow them to poop everywhere.
The country lane he favours is used by many and it now stinks.
What can anyone do with such people?
They are not open to reason and think they have a right to filthy everywhere.

It's the same here in this small rural village with some of those who walk their dogs in the lanes. Even the fields, when the gates are left open, are fouled in this way. I often wonder what they would say if other dog walkers, who are also not picking up after their dogs, went to their houses and used their gardens in this way?

Don't these people have any thoughts for other people? Silly question really as the answer is obviously in the negative, they have no brains so how can they possibly think!

This inconsiderate and nasty behaviour can cause blindness in humans:

https://www.petpooskiddoo.com/blog/d...ess-in-humans/

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/toxocariasis/
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Don't these people have any thoughts for other people? Silly question really as the answer is obviously in the negative, they have no brains so how can they possibly think!
Somewhere along the line, the concept of parents trying to "teach" empathy skills (and indeed leading by example) seems to have fallen by the wayside.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 09:40 AM

Muddy, may I suggest someone takes a picture of this ignorant bloke and his dogs, then contacts the local dog warden or council. They are obliged to deal with it.

It explains better here:

https://sites.google.com/site/fidoin...orting-fouling
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 09:46 AM

I suppose, l am naive to think dog owners are more responsible these days.
I rarely see dog poo on paths like you used to but then l haven’t got dogs to walk anymore.

Thinking about it, I rarely see a dog warden either, or the signs warning dog owners of the penalty if they don’t pick up.
I have noticed that more bins have been installed on the popular dog walking areas.

Many a time l have challenged people about not picking up their dog’s poo and even handed them a bag.

Muddy, Could you alert the local dog warden to the problem... Well, that’s if they still exist?!!

Sorry, Mups. You must’ve posted your reply saying similar, whilst l was typing mine!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Muddy, may I suggest someone takes a picture of this ignorant bloke and his dogs, then contacts the local dog warden or council. They are obliged to deal with it.

It explains better here:

https://sites.google.com/site/fidoin...orting-fouling
Once reported a neighbour in London who I saw breaking the dog fouling rules. They weren't happy, had to pay the statutory fine, but she (a middle classed "artist" with an architect husband and two precocious children) seems to have complied afterwards.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 09:54 AM

The pavements, grass verges and roads are disgusting here in Lowestoft. True there doesn't seem to be enough bins but if I can't find one, I will tie the poop bag to the handle of the bag I carry with all the doggy things in (scooper, bags, dog's water, phone and glasses), and wait till I come across one, or purposely go back to where I know where one is, even if it's out of the way. Or I take it home and tie it to the black wheely bin till I have a larger rubbish bag to go in.

One household had put up a sign warning an owner they were on CCTV, having found a pile outside, and when they next saw him, went out and just said 'pick that up, we know it's your dog's'...and the owner did. They were lucky.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 12:36 PM

I'm fortunate that we don't see many irresponsible dog owners here, even though we are surrounded on all sides by miles of countryside, whenever we take the two pooches out into either the woods or many fields, we always see owners cleaning up after their dogs, as they should! After all, is it really so hard to pick it up with a scented poo bag, tie it and either bin it where it should go or like us, carry two poo bags home to be disposed of ?
Responsibility seems to have flown out of the window in Britain today. Most people of our generation do the above without thinking. Standards have really dropped throughout the generations.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top