Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 08:48 PM

I got stung.

There I was, walking down the narrow lane to get to the supermarket, minding my own business, when a wasp landed on my hand and stung me for no reason.

Luckily I don't geta bad reaction but it is still stinging six hours later. No swelling though. I smothered the area in vinegar.

I suddenly realised that the last time I got stung was by a Bee back in 1968, so I suppose I have done quite well really.

If anyone sees the culprit please let me know so I can get my revenge. He is black with yellow stripes.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 09:00 PM

Re: I got stung.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
There I was, walking down the narrow lane to get to the supermarket, minding my own business, when a wasp landed on my hand and stung me for no reason.

Luckily I don't geta bad reaction but it is still stinging six hours later. No swelling though. I smothered the area in vinegar.

I suddenly realised that the last time I got stung was by a Bee back in 1968, so I suppose I have done quite well really.

If anyone sees the culprit please let me know so I can get my revenge. He is black with yellow stripes.
NO! BLM! Even ones with yellow stripes, (usually down their backs).
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
NO! BLM! Even ones with yellow stripes, (usually down their backs).
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 09:26 PM

Could be any of many Wolves Fans.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

29-08-2020, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Could be any of many Wolves Fans.
B*st*rds.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 09:35 PM

Nasty things.

Then again, I'm sure it must have been your fault: swinging your arms in gay abandon and striking it on its poor bottom.

Seriously, though. I have been stung twice that I remember, at least since childhood.

A few years ago I was stung by a bumble bee for no apparent reason. I was doing some sawing outside when it stung me. I can only assume my arm must have struck it.

More recently, on the roof of our conservatory wearing a T-shirt, whilst applying some Flexacryl on a hot sunny day, I felt a sting in my armpit followed by a wasp flying away. I assume it had become trapped and panicked.

Horrible things.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 09:36 PM

They need to get more Baggy, and less Stabby.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

29-08-2020, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Nasty things.

Then again, I'm sure it must have been your fault: swinging your arms in gay abandon and striking it on its poor bottom.

Seriously, though. I have been stung twice that I remember, at least since childhood.

A few years ago I was stung by a bumble bee for no apparent reason. I was doing some sawing outside when it stung me. I can only assume my arm must have struck it.

More recently, on the roof of our conservatory wearing a T-shirt, whilst applying some Flexacryl on a hot sunny day, I felt a sting in my armpit followed by a wasp flying away. I assume it had become trapped and panicked.

Horrible things.
Got stung in October two or three years ago, in the chest, just below my nipple (one of two), felt like I'd been Tasered.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Got stung in October two or three years ago, in the chest, just below my nipple (one of two), felt like I'd been Tasered.
I'm relieved that you clarified that you do have two nipples!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm relieved that you clarified that you do have two nipples!
So you have more than the average number of nipples?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top