Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 12:18 PM

Re: Gentlemen

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I think that male posters know that they'll have to explain things in simpler terms to female posters

You are ‘dead meat’!!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 12:19 PM

Adding a few missing details:

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Maybe we're just old fashioned Arty, and respect ladies of the fairer sex. I never swear aloudin a lady's company but frequently under my breath, and I still open doors for them imagining the joy I'd have in slamming it in their faces and always give up my seat on a bus so that I can create as much distance as possible.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 12:54 PM

Adding a few missing details:
Very naughty Dex......
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 01:04 PM

I think that male posters know that they'll have to explain things in simpler terms to female posters

You are asking to get your ears boxed before the day is out, young man.

Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I wonder, if male posters tread more carefully when replying to female posters on the forum?
I don’t mean they are scared to, maybe they just want some peace and no aggro!
No, I don't tread more carefully when replying to females. I think it's a very outmoded attitude. They're not delicate flowers who swoon if spoken to indelicately and then have to be brought 'round with smelling-salts.

As for the "gentlemanly" aspect of dealing with females it's not as if I swear or use crude innuendo in any online forums whatsoever. Gender is immaterial. I just don't do it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 01:17 PM

Apologies. Slightly off-topic, but I hope my question may still be answered.

Why are we limited only to the little 'Mars' and 'Venus' symbols in the header of our posts?

According to what I have read, there are now literally dozens of genders and variations of same, yet apparently we have only male and female members on the forum.

Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
No, I don't tread more carefully when replying to females. I think it's a very outmoded attitude. They're not delicate flowers who swoon if spoken to indelicately and then have to be brought 'round with smelling-salts.

As for the "gentlemanly" aspect of dealing with females it's not as if I swear or use crude innuendo in any online forums whatsoever. Gender is immaterial. I just don't do it.

I agree with you, Tachyon. A few of the females regularly post with a couple of icons beating up the males with sticks and punches. It is kinda brutal, regardless if it's in fun or jest. However, it does level the playing field....if, the lady chooses to play that way.

Not me. Nuh uh...no way.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Apologies. Slightly off-topic, but I hope my question may still be answered.

Why are we limited only to the little 'Mars' and 'Venus' symbols in the header of our posts?

According to what I have read, there are now literally dozens of genders and variations of same, yet apparently we have only male and female members on the forum.

Hmmm ... what would you suggest for a sausage jockey?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You are asking to get your ears boxed before the day is out, young man.

We can't help but "mansplain" Mups. We're genetically wired that way.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Hmmm ... what would you suggest for a sausage jockey?
Take your pick.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 1.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	13661  

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top