Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2020, 10:13 PM

Re: tescos

The bottom line is that we are all responsible for ourselves & for taking any precautions advised to prevent spread of this virus. I certainly don't think anyone should be employed to enforce this. As regards the remark about ' volunteer jobsworths' some of your communities would cease to function without volunteers, particularly through this pandemic. I have seen tremendous community spirit and co-operation by these so called 'jobsworths' so maybe you should find out just what they do in your areas. I'm sure you will be surprised. Maybe if we lead by example and not opinions after all, as the old adage states, you can only make a difference by your actions, not your opinions.
JeanMcP
Ireland
JeanMcP is female  JeanMcP has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2020, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Beki ->
The bottom line is that we are all responsible for ourselves & for taking any precautions advised to prevent spread of this virus. I certainly don't think anyone should be employed to enforce this. As regards the remark about ' volunteer jobsworths' some of your communities would cease to function without volunteers, particularly through this pandemic. I have seen tremendous community spirit and co-operation by these so called 'jobsworths' so maybe you should find out just what they do in your areas. I'm sure you will be surprised. Maybe if we lead by example and not opinions after all, as the old adage states, you can only make a difference by your actions, not your opinions.

Totally agree

Im responsible for me and mine

I struggle with the masks, I really do, but wear as long as I can and try to only do one shop when I go out. As I say, mum is struggling with the "shame" , she actually passed out in the hairdressers ( first cut in six months ) because she was given a mask and told to wear it. She now won't leave the house. She's 83, pretty lively other than her heart is failing. She now has nowt to look forward to other then the fact she's woken up that morning. As it is we cant bring the children and grandchildren to the house any more

We are living through some really crap times. Nothing that any one of us have lived through before

We all have our struggles, our pain and heartache so is it to much to ask, be kind? Sort your own house out and stop stressing about what you cant change?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2020, 10:28 PM

Of course we are all responsible, if that went for 100% of people, there would be no problem, but, unfortunately there has been no meeting of minds, with folks who don't mind, that is the problem.
JeanMcP
Ireland
JeanMcP is female  JeanMcP has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2020, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Of course we are all responsible, if that went for 100% of people, there would be no problem, but, unfortunately there has been no meeting of minds, with folks who don't mind, that is the problem.
You have no control other other peoples actions

So if they are not doing what you wish, what are you personally going to do? Same as Americans at the moment , get your guns and firepower and enforce what you think is right?

Im never going to always be able to wear a mask. I refuse to wear a label to show my "exemption " ( if it was a government edict I would ) so what are you going to do about me?

And thats what you have to think about when it comes to every non mask wearer you come across cos they won't be having Jean who has explained herself, written across their forehead

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top