Join for free
Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 08:00 PM

Re: My Thoughts on Brexit.

Abrogate the whole brexit deal. Or surrender to EU.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

d00d, ,Shropshire voted 57% Leave, 43% remain, so I would say that was a resounding voice to say we have had enough of being ruled over by faceless. unelected bureaucrats over the Channel.
I wouldn't. And that's my point. I't 50:50, or as good as. The people next door, or even a family member in the next room may not agree. And therefore tact is the key.

When I refer to London, I am referring, as you well know, to the elite establishment. our present motley crew of clowns in Parliament
Parliament is made up of members from all corners of the Isles, as you well know.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 08:15 PM

The nonsense continues tomorrow. Nuclear option could be
prorogation of Parliament.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 08:35 PM

Cinderella

I think you've got the wrong thread. This one's about
shropshiregirl's deep thoughts.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Englander ->
I am one leave brexiteer that will not keep quiet and would like to add the question .......why has there been no mention to my knowledge about the rampant bribery and corruption that exists within the 28 countries of the EU in all this Brexit mess? Before you remainers jump down my throat please search out a report by the BBC in 2014 and exposed publicly by the then EU,s commision employee Cecelia Malmstrom in her words the bribery and corruption within the 28 countries of the EU is 'breathtaking' to the tune of 120billion Euros annually. This was the same year Marta Andreasen joined the EU as chief accountant and according to the book she wrote that the EUs own auditors had failed to sign off the EUs own accounts for previous 14 years. Her book 'Brussels laid bare' is also 'breathtaking' exposing the corruptive wheeling and dealing throughout the EU more prevalent in some countries more than others.It was also reported by a telegraph journalist more recently, that the bribery and corruption is now most likely to be 990billion euros annually again all has been chosen to be ignored. Are you going to say that this is fake news perhaps you are but seek and you will find the information meanwhile if we remain the UK along with Germany and possibly France will continue to prop up the rest of bankcrupt European countries. I cannot understand why anyone would want to be part of this type of organisation.
Well said.

I, too, remember the disclosures of bribery and corruption and that the EU hadn't had its accounts signed off.

That is one of the reasons I want to leave. That, and the fact that I cannot abide this country being taken over by foreign powers: something that we have resisted for a thousand years.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Hmmm ... something to do with

* having trading partners

* laying down the law on trading standards

* helping poorer states, and keeping them out of trouble.
Once we are free to do so again, we can arrange and agree trading partners, just as we have done for centuries. The EEC worked well in that respect too but, as we all know, became a corrupt political power.

We have always had trading standards for as long as I remember. In fact, our standards have been exemplary throughout the world long before the EU appeared.

Poorer states can look after themselves. We already pay through the nose for foreign aid. Again, as everyone knows, what is paid to whom in foreign aid is also corrupt and very poorly organised. As for European states, we can still make alliances with respect to trade that can be of mutual benefit to both them and us.

What we don't need is a dictatorial political organisation to tell us what we may and may not do. We have always been well able to make our own decisions, at least until our current crop of inept politicians appeared.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-03-2019, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
The sooner Maybot goes the better AFAIC .
I will vote for the* marxist *, much as it pains me , just to give a poke in the eye for Tories. They all think themselves soooo clever , but wait till they out of a job because they betrayed us, big time .
I would like to say what my opinion of them is , however it would probably get me banned.
I will give you a clue, it involves Ladies private parts & begins with C , & has 5 letters .
I'm afraid I can't imagine what that word might be. I know lots of ladies' private parts, but none of them begin with C. Cli......?, er, no, that has more than five letters.

On the other hand, I too feel sufficiently annoyed with our present government - even JRM who now appears to have done a volte face - that I have also considered voting for Compo and the Loony Party just to show them, and the remoaners, what I think of them, and damn the consequences.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-03-2019, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
She will only resign if her deal or treaty as NF calls it goes through. Bercow has yet to bugger things again.

Someone has plans to rid parliament of the speaker.

http://www.vernoncoleman.com/youarefired.htm
That's brilliant, and could work.

The only problem is how his constituents voted regarding Brexit. If they are pro-EU they will probably vote him back in again.

Perhaps when there are riots and a revolution? A great deal could then change for the better.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-03-2019, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I wouldn't. And that's my point. I't 50:50, or as good as.
No it isn't. It's 57:43.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Englander ->
I am one leave brexiteer that will not keep quiet and would like to add the question .......why has there been no mention to my knowledge about the rampant bribery and corruption that exists within the 28 countries of the EU in all this Brexit mess? Before you remainers jump down my throat please search out a report by the BBC in 2014 and exposed publicly by the then EU,s commision employee Cecelia Malmstrom in her words the bribery and corruption within the 28 countries of the EU is 'breathtaking' to the tune of 120billion Euros annually. This was the same year Marta Andreasen joined the EU as chief accountant and according to the book she wrote that the EUs own auditors had failed to sign off the EUs own accounts for previous 14 years. Her book 'Brussels laid bare' is also 'breathtaking' exposing the corruptive wheeling and dealing throughout the EU more prevalent in some countries more than others.It was also reported by a telegraph journalist more recently, that the bribery and corruption is now most likely to be 990billion euros annually again all has been chosen to be ignored. Are you going to say that this is fake news perhaps you are but seek and you will find the information meanwhile if we remain the UK along with Germany and possibly France will continue to prop up the rest of bankcrupt European countries. I cannot understand why anyone would want to be part of this type of organisation.
Well said buddy - agree entirely.

Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top