Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 04:53 PM

Re: new addition today in the garden

This is how they looked when we got the plant

Today 5 days later on

What a difference, must have the right soil

so well happy it is doing ok
Indy
New Member!
US
Indy is male 

27-07-2019, 11:22 PM

Realspeed - When I was operating my Landscaping Company to turn the hydrangeas blue we used a soil mixture that more acidic. The white was neutral and the pink was more alkaline. That was about six years ago. Not sure if that has changed, but that is what we used.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 11:27 PM

my wife has done a soil test and it seems as if we have the right soil for the plant. Thanks for the information, always handy to know
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2019, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I love the pale pink ones, Mups. My husband has just come back from town with a lovely white hydrangea. It's quite big, about 18" high and 18" across, in full flower. I know just where I am going to put it, but it might be a bit sunny. He bought it from a man who has a stall on our Friday market - £4 and a bargain, I think. I'll have to read up what it needs to make it thrive. Hope it has a decent root on it. I think it was the same stallholder that my d.i.l got hers from a couple of weeks ago. She bought hers at the end of the day and it was reduced at £3 and it seems to be doing fine, but early days.
Yes I got mine reduced in the market too..it was just a little plant.....you should see it now I'll post a picture later.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2019, 10:07 AM

This one was rescued from the daughters new house last Autumn up in Lichfield,its in the shade and seems to be doing ok.

Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2019, 12:56 PM

Very pretty Caricature. They must like the shade then. Mine is still in it's pot. I should have planted it before the rain came, but I'm still dilly dallying about where to put it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top