Join for free
Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 03:46 PM

Re: Today on Brexit Central, Austin Mitchell Nails it Again !

Originally Posted by gascony ->
Now you are really struggling. The benefit of leaving is that we will be able to continue to buy non-EU cars except clearly (as you have confirmed) people mainly want to buy german cars. So Brexit is actually about cars. Who knew?
Actually, the worry here is that you firmly believe that stripping away EU tariff protection will be so very good for the UK. Remember, we do not export enough today. Now you are advocating importing more. I fail to see how that will be a good thing. I do expect that to drive many british businesses under. Which in turn means even less exporting. You do seem to be pushing down a dwindling path of economic oblivion.
Our exports are increasing rather than decreasing, and about 60% + of those are outside the EU.

If we leave the EU we can control our own tarrifs and protect our own markets.

Ofcourse Brexit is not just about cars, but Germanys economy is (mostly) so if the UK wants to make them less competitive and more expensive, then we can just slap big fat tariffs on them. Just like the USA are doing

As for "non-EU" cars, look where Toyotas and Nissans are made (for example).... oh yes, over here.

The only person struggling here is you.

P.S. the UK's biggest export market in 2018 was the USA.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Our exports are increasing rather than decreasing, and about 60% + of those are outside the EU.

If we leave the EU we can control our own tarrifs and protect our own markets.

Ofcourse Brexit is not just about cars, but Germanys economy is (mostly) so if the UK wants to make them less competitive and more expensive, then we can just slap big fat tariffs on them. Just like the USA are doing

As for "non-EU" cars, look where Toyotas and Nissans are made (for example).... oh yes, over here.

The only person struggling here is you.

P.S. the UK's biggest export market in 2018 was the USA.
Exports did indeed increase by 2.4% in May 2019 but only after a fall of 4.6% in April 2019.

I believe its called being economical with the truth.

Exports of goods and services from the UK surged 2.4 percent from a month earlier to GBP 54.38 billion in May 2019, recovering from a 4.6 percent drop in April. Sales of goods advanced 3.5 percent, boosted by machinery & transport equipment (7.9 percent), fuels (6.5 percent), material manufactures (5.1 percent), and miscellaneous manufactures (5.2 percent); while sales of chemicals plunged 11.8 percent. In addition, exports of services rose 1.1 percent. Among major trading partners, goods exports to the EU jumped 8 percent, mostly to Germany (7.9 percent), the Netherlands (17.7 percent), and Belgium (23.7 percent). By contrast, sales fell to France (-1.1 percent), Ireland (-2.1 percent), Spain (-1.2 percent), and Sweden (-8.6 percent). Exports to non-EU countries dropped 0.5 percent, in particular to the US (-2.3 percent), China (-6.6 percent), Japan (-0.7 percent), Singapore (-6.8 percent), and Canada (-11.3 percent). Exports in the United Kingdom averaged 24529.15 GBP Million from 1955 until 2019, reaching an all time high of 55669 GBP Million in March of 2019 and a record low of 962 GBP Million in June of 1955.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Exports did indeed increase by 2.4% in May 2019 but only after a fall of 4.6% in April 2019.

I believe its called being economical with the truth.

Exports of goods and services from the UK surged 2.4 percent from a month earlier to GBP 54.38 billion in May 2019, recovering from a 4.6 percent drop in April. Sales of goods advanced 3.5 percent, boosted by machinery & transport equipment (7.9 percent), fuels (6.5 percent), material manufactures (5.1 percent), and miscellaneous manufactures (5.2 percent); while sales of chemicals plunged 11.8 percent. In addition, exports of services rose 1.1 percent. Among major trading partners, goods exports to the EU jumped 8 percent, mostly to Germany (7.9 percent), the Netherlands (17.7 percent), and Belgium (23.7 percent). By contrast, sales fell to France (-1.1 percent), Ireland (-2.1 percent), Spain (-1.2 percent), and Sweden (-8.6 percent). Exports to non-EU countries dropped 0.5 percent, in particular to the US (-2.3 percent), China (-6.6 percent), Japan (-0.7 percent), Singapore (-6.8 percent), and Canada (-11.3 percent). Exports in the United Kingdom averaged 24529.15 GBP Million from 1955 until 2019, reaching an all time high of 55669 GBP Million in March of 2019 and a record low of 962 GBP Million in June of 1955.

Well, not really because a drop of 4.5% is still going upwards if overall growth is, say 10% - it just means growth slowed for that period.

Here you are ...

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/u...at-record-high

The IMF are predicting a higher UK growth rate of 1.3% too.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 07:52 PM

[QUOTE=itsme;1750789]Exports did indeed increase by 2.4% in May 2019 but only after a fall of 4.6% in April 2019.

I believe its called being economical with the truth. [\QUOTE]

It looks like the UK will be saved by liam fox, that devious old.....yes.
If only half of this story is true, the future is golden.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-49075764
gascony
Gascony
gascony is male 

23-07-2019, 11:10 PM

The contributor called Bread (as in ‘doh’) has this mystical vision. It is that exiting the EU will save UK exports. Gosh, who knew the answer was taking us out of our most favourable trade agreement? He/she ignores services. Even though that is a positive UK trade everywhere. He/she/it loves WTO but forgets that these arrangements don’t include services.
In short, doh is very much duh.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 11:21 PM

The contributor called Bread (as in ‘doh’) has this mystical vision. It is that exiting the EU will save UK exports. Gosh, who knew the answer was taking us out of our most favourable trade agreement? He/she ignores services. Even though that is a positive UK trade everywhere. He/she/it loves WTO but forgets that these arrangements don’t include services.
In short, doh is very much duh.
I've found 'du pain' more of a pain in the bottom, rarely providing accurate facts. So often I've found him downright lying, I've put him on ignore. I can't read his posts, but in others posts he is frequently quoted, so I can see he is still at it.
gascony
Gascony
gascony is male 

23-07-2019, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I've found 'du pain' more of a pain in the bottom, rarely providing accurate facts. So often I've found him downright lying, I've put him on ignore. I can't read his posts, but in others posts he is frequently quoted, so I can see he is still at it.
His/her level of ignorance is astounding. Re-hashing old and long negated arguments. Dreaming of punishing Germany. He or she needs to look at his/her views and wonder “am I truly shouting for the interests of the next generations or am I simply farting on about my last century prejudices?”
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

23-07-2019, 11:48 PM

His/her level of ignorance is astounding. Re-hashing old and long negated arguments. Dreaming of punishing Germany. He or she needs to look at his/her views and wonder “am I truly shouting for the interests of the next generations or am I simply farting on about my last century prejudices?”

Your not fooling anyone except yourself.
gascony
Gascony
gascony is male 

24-07-2019, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Your not fooling anyone except yourself.
I'm not the one claiming its all going to lovely and prosperous for all post hard Brexit. That self delusion, along with your bizarre desire to make German business suffer, stands you out as the fool. Regrettably we all get to enjoy the consequences. I'd love to send you the bill for what it will cost me but an apology will suffice.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

24-07-2019, 08:13 AM

I'm not the one claiming its all going to lovely and prosperous for all post hard Brexit. That self delusion, along with your bizarre desire to make German business suffer, stands you out as the fool. Regrettably we all get to enjoy the consequences. I'd love to send you the bill for what it will cost me but an apology will suffice.

I'm not apologising to anyone, if you aren't up to the debate that's your problem not mine.

I'm happy your offended .. I'm not bothered in the slightest - all those lies told by the German car manufacturers about their emissions ... they deserve all they get

If your offended by this thread, wait until you read the one I just put up about the French

#snowflake

Here comes Boris !

Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top