Join for free
Page 10 of 20 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 11:42 PM

Re: Who doesn't have the flu jab and why?

Originally Posted by Galloway2019 ->
Aye its still a shock to me and having no answers or getting to say goodbye then at the funeral a guy walked up and shook my hand and said "maybe if you had been more assertive we wouldn't be here today" he was referring to the fact i have an anxiety/panic attack prob and basically they thought i didn't do enough to save her which is slowly killing me. They didn't do an autopsy and as i was in shock i don't know if they asked me if i wanted one........too late once she's cremated. Yes i am bad with nerves etc but I'm not puddled as they seem to think i am.....i was a virtual recluse for maybe 15 years so many of the locals didn't have a clue who i was yet they all turned out for the funeral and just showed what lovely people there are. I am slowly trying to get out and about and even had a chat with someone in the shop last week which would have impressed my wife....it does make ya feel stupid a full grown man terrified of nothing very weird feeling and all caused by industrial injury so could happen to anyone even those who take the P out of mental health probs. Oh well hope ya didn't mind me posting this .
Cheers
Brian
There's nothing you could have done to save her Brian. My friend who had this barely survived and he was under constant medical supervision. People who have it are usually perfectly healthy and then suddenly go downhill. It's down to the medical professionals to diagnose. At that time of year they made a mistake and thought it was down to winter bugs. They did not recognise the symptoms were totally unrelated to colds and flu. It's their fault.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Galloway2019 ->
Aye its still a shock to me and having no answers or getting to say goodbye then at the funeral a guy walked up and shook my hand and said "maybe if you had been more assertive we wouldn't be here today" he was referring to the fact i have an anxiety/panic attack prob and basically they thought i didn't do enough to save her which is slowly killing me. They didn't do an autopsy and as i was in shock i don't know if they asked me if i wanted one........too late once she's cremated. Yes i am bad with nerves etc but I'm not puddled as they seem to think i am.....i was a virtual recluse for maybe 15 years so many of the locals didn't have a clue who i was yet they all turned out for the funeral and just showed what lovely people there are. I am slowly trying to get out and about and even had a chat with someone in the shop last week which would have impressed my wife....it does make ya feel stupid a full grown man terrified of nothing very weird feeling and all caused by industrial injury so could happen to anyone even those who take the P out of mental health probs. Oh well hope ya didn't mind me posting this .
Cheers
Brian
I am so sorry Brian what a sad time you have had .
I am surprised they didn't do an autopsy I thought that it was obligatory in cases of sudden death.
The man who spoke to you at the funeral was a tactless idiot.
Unfortunately for some reason there are always people like him about you will find after a personal tragedy.
Just try to put it out of your mind .
Take care now .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 08:30 AM

We always have the flu jab, and we have had the pneumonia jab too.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 08:43 AM

Hello Brian , I'm so terribly sad to read this , how dreadful for you . Dont be worried about posting or sharing your feelings , I've done and have others and we have a lovely support group on here .
Look after yourself and be proud of the small steps your taking .

Teeps
New Member!
Brigg Lincolnshire
Teeps is female 

06-08-2019, 12:39 PM

I won't have one and I have only ever had the flu once in 1988. When I worked in nursing homes, all the elderly were given a jab and most had side effects and still caught the flu.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Teeps ->
I won't have one and I have only ever had the flu once in 1988. When I worked in nursing homes, all the elderly were given a jab and most had side effects and still caught the flu.
Don't forget that us men contract Man Flu at least once a year when we have to spend a few days in bed being waited on hand and foot.
CoffeeCake
Northamptonshire
CoffeeCake is female  CoffeeCake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I'd be really interested to know how many of our members do not have the flu jab.
As I have Asthma I have the flue jab every year as a preventative measure and have never had any side effects.
Like most people I have of course had quite a few vaccinations over the years. There were those given to me as an infant and during in childhood and in more recent years top ups for some and additional ones those that keep me safe whilst travelling.... Rabies, Tick-borne encephalitis...
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by CoffeeCake ->
As I have Asthma I have the flue jab every year as a preventative measure and have never had any side effects. ...
This is total kidology I'm afraid.

The Flu Jab prevents nothing so you are merely kidding yourself or listening to bogus advice from uninformed people.

The Flu vaccine has been tested and proven to be useless (peer reviewed evidence from the Cochrane Institute). The vaccine helps only about 1 person in every 100 vaccinated. Absolutely catastrophically a failure then.

There is absolutely no way such a vaccine should be being rolled out to the nation with such dire performance. That is still is rolled out is testimony to how corrupt the medical and vaccine industry is and how corrupt our goverments are in failing to prevent it.

A significant number of people DO get some VERY SERIOUS side effects, some of them life changing, some of them fatal.
Given the vaccine is utterly useless, that's pretty much a criminal situation.

The Vaccine Compensation Programme in the US has so far paid out over $4 BILLION in compensation to victims of vaccines. Over $4 BILLION !!!!!!

Yet the vaccine programmes continue rolling out because their revenues far exceed what they have to pay out to murdered or crippled victims of their vaccines. It's an extremely lucrative business using FEAR as it's primary selling technique.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 08:58 PM

We must be getting close to flu jab season.... hey ho!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Teeps ->
I had the jab - once. And the ensuing side effects.

Page 10 of 20 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top