Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2013, 07:10 PM

coincidence or message..

January 25th 2013.. I was heading for work ..
When on the Radio .. I heard the song ..
Mike & The Mechanics - The Living Years ...
For some reason .. I look up in the sky ....
there I seen the blue end tail of a meteor or comet ..
At that very moment I realized my father had died 25 years ago that Day ...
Also .. the song living years ..the day my father was being buried ,,My alarm radio had went off with that song playing ..
Makes me wonder was it a coincidence or a message
from my father ..relaying to me he was okay ..
It was a good feeling ...
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2013, 07:19 PM

Re: coincidence or message..

Gives me goose pimples...

My DIL tells the story that just as she had given birth to her 3rd child her grandfather's favorite song played over the speakers.. He had been gone for years and never got to see her children.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2013, 07:38 PM

For me - I feel your experience wasn't coincidence Sugar - I have experienced a similar event twice in my life - its a feeling inside you at that time too, you are very aware of a different feeling around you.
Lovely that should happen to you - its something that will stay with you I'm sure
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2013, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
For me - I feel your experience wasn't coincidence Sugar - I have experienced a similar event twice in my life - its a feeling inside you at that time too, you are very aware of a different feeling around you.
Lovely that should happen to you - its something that will stay with you I'm sure
Absolutely agree Pats - a very personal memory to treasure.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2013, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by sugarbug ->
January 25th 2013.. I was heading for work ..
When on the Radio .. I heard the song ..
Mike & The Mechanics - The Living Years ...
For some reason .. I look up in the sky ....
there I seen the blue end tail of a meteor or comet ..
At that very moment I realized my father had died 25 years ago that Day ...
Also .. the song living years ..the day my father was being buried ,,My alarm radio had went off with that song playing ..
Makes me wonder was it a coincidence or a message
from my father ..relaying to me he was okay ..
It was a good feeling ...
Sugarbug, like I said to Pats, it was very special for you, so treasure that.
Eight months after my Father died, I was sitting in Mum's kitchen talking to her and all of a sudden I looked up and Dad was standing there listening to us. He wasn't all white and floating about or anything like that, he was absolutely solid and in his work clothes and stood not 8ft away from me.
Something in the energy took my voice away and I was completely unable to tell Mum to turn round quick, (she had her back to me), but within a minute or so Dad has gone again and my voice returned at the same time.
I know exactly what I saw and I don't care who disputes it.
Also had a similar experience with a beloved dog who I lost too. I was tending his grave in my garden and got myself a bit tearful and when I looked up one of my other dogs (who happened to be his son), was trotting down the garden towards me and suddenly his father's face super imposed over his son's face - absolutely wonderful.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2013, 10:43 PM

I think it was a message - I have experienced things on a much smaller scale which I know have been signs from departed loved ones which have brought me comfort.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2013, 11:05 PM

I just want a message saying Soz.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2013, 11:13 PM

If that experience was comforting to you then it was indeed a message, to you.

If it gave you a feeling that you felt closer to your dad, then nobody can take that away from you.

You and your dad must have been very close indeed, and that can only be a good thing.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2013, 11:55 PM

A message, I believe.

Oh heart, if one should say that to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers but the seed remains ~ Kahlil Gibran
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2013, 02:03 AM

I was very close to my father ...
My poor father had to watch everything he did and
said around me ..
My mother would get upset with him .. because I copied him
to a tea ...
I look like him and i have his character ..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top