Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 09:20 AM

The Beast of Trowbridge

Is it just me or does that beast look a lot like a German Shepherd?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/-beast-of-t...0.html#84ZDENR
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 09:22 AM

Re: The Beast of Trowbridge

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Is it just me or does that beast look a lot like a German Shepherd?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/-beast-of-t...0.html#84ZDENR
No-doubt just another dog off the lead .
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
No-doubt just another dog off the lead .
On this occasion, I agree with you
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 09:26 AM

Absolutely
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 01:26 PM

I dunno, I've got an auntie who lives there.......moved there about 2009 from Cornwall (beast of Bodmin was in the news around then) she doesn't answer her phone on a full moon! (Hope she doesn't read thi or I'm toast!)
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 04:35 PM

I would say it is a cat. Look at the set of the ears, the tail and body muscles.

These kind of photographs are frequently of domestic cats. I believe unless you have a clear point of reference like a car or a human it is not possible to accurately gauge the size of an animal.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 05:10 PM

Yes, it must be a cat, that was my first impression anyway. I know my old German Shepherd's tail never curled up like that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Yes, it must be a cat, that was my first impression anyway. I know my old German Shepherd's tail never curled up like that.
Yup, its a German Shepherd. I kept this wonderful breed for 30 odd years.
You were right Maryl about the tail not being right, they are supposed to hang down by the hocks, but plenty have what they call ' a gay tail'. They would lose points for that in the show ring.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yup, its a German Shepherd. I kept this wonderful breed for 30 odd years.
You were right Maryl about the tail not being right, they are supposed to hang down by the hocks, but plenty have what they call ' a gay tail'. They would lose points for that in the show ring.
P.S. The people apprently didn't really see if it was actually eating anything, they just assumed didn't they. Poor old boy might just have been picking a thorn out of his paw, but that wouldn't make the headlines so exciting would it.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I would say it is a cat. Look at the set of the ears, the tail and body muscles.

These kind of photographs are frequently of domestic cats. I believe unless you have a clear point of reference like a car or a human it is not possible to accurately gauge the size of an animal.
I'm inclined to agree with you, Meg.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top