Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 09:40 AM

Re: Perfect place to live

Well, I'm quite happy with my surroundings where I have chosen to live out my short life. But we're all still on the same planet and sometimes I daydream about what it would be like to be able to transfer to a planet in the universe that is pristine with no pollution and no one giving me a hard time. Ahhhh dream on Ploppy.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 10:00 AM

My ideal home would be multi-dimensional and would simultaneously be on the top of a Cornish cliff, on a good surfing beach, in a quiet cove. My garden would be on the lower slopes of a Himalayan mountain, with a snowy forest full of sled trails for my dogs, a sunny market garden to grow my veggies, and a river stocked with Trout flowing through it.
My house would have huge picture windows overlooking the cliffs/beach/mountain/forest/river and would be fitted out with a music studio, home cinema and enormous state-of-the-art kitchen so I could cook to my heart's content. Not much to ask for really
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Not much to ask for really
I guess it is too much to ask for. But then again, if you don't ask you don't get.
If ever you get what you're asking for, I'd love to visit.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Not too far away from where I live now in a village called Mawdesley, down a leafy lane about 10 miles away, with my own grounds and staff and with a nice car in the garage!

My home would be fabulous, but not too big, and I'd have a room to room sound system, excellent central heating, exquisite furniture ...

{{Yawn}} G'morning folks. I just woke up and I was having such a lovely dream.
Would you take a lodger Mollie?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I think it would be lake Como in northern Italy. If it's good enough for George Clooney it must be good enough for me.
Well George Clooney as a neighbour is a good enough reason for me too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

19-08-2013, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Not sure, location is more important than property, it makes me laugh when on "Escape To The Country" folks are shown a property with beautiful views, but poo poo it on the basis that the forth bedroom is too small, although they are just a couple, and the kids have flown the nest.

Yeah, inclined to agree with you there Spitfire.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

19-08-2013, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
My ideal home would be multi-dimensional and would simultaneously be on the top of a Cornish cliff, on a good surfing beach, in a quiet cove. My garden would be on the lower slopes of a Himalayan mountain, with a snowy forest full of sled trails for my dogs, a sunny market garden to grow my veggies, and a river stocked with Trout flowing through it.
My house would have huge picture windows overlooking the cliffs/beach/mountain/forest/river and would be fitted out with a music studio, home cinema and enormous state-of-the-art kitchen so I could cook to my heart's content. Not much to ask for really
Wow, your imagination is very commendable MickB. Don't forget to say bye bye if you find it.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Something like this would do me http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-13812267.html

Enormous properties just look like a lot of hard work, all that dusting and hovering !
Ah - but - if you could afford the big house you could also afford the staff !
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
If money and ties were no object, where would you choose to live?
To be honest I don't think I would change where I am living now.

I am close to the centre of town so can walk to the shops, doctor etc in a few minutes. I can cycle down to the lake in five minutes and drive to any one of a number of sandy beaches in minutes. The railway station is an equally short walk from my house which takes me into the middle of Sydney, to the airport, the harbour etc.

The only thing money would change is perhaps minor improvements to my house and more travelling!(if I could fit it in)

Views are over rated in my opinion you love them but after a while rarely notice them (rather like traffic noise). Having said that I do like the way I live in the centre of a small town but from my back garden have views of the escarpment and the bush.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 12:48 PM

I think I'd live in Singapore because I just love it there, but of course I would have to be wealthy which would mean I'd have houses in all my favourite places and go to each one as and when I felt like a change. Having said that I'm quite happy with my house here, it's quite large, more than enough garden and a swimming pool, we have views of the mountains, the salt lakes and the sea, good friends and neighbours, so until I become a millionaire, which is most unlikely, I will be content with what I have.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top