Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 01:09 PM

Re: Perfect place to live

Small open plan house, looking into the mourne mountains. Where I was once very much at home.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 01:39 PM

I have a special place I love in Kerry but not the slightest chance of ever living there, the wife is too fond of the city.
Looking at Alan Wicker last night in Palm Beach with all the rich oldies, really pathetic, skin stretched to breaking point from plastic surgery, dolled up to the nines to play Bridge, very sad really. I thought the house agents sales remark was good "Palm Beach, where God would live if he had the money."
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 02:04 PM

I have the house I want in the location I want...what more could I want.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Would like to say me too, but I wouldn't mind if it had a better climate and a lower cost of living...
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 08:00 PM

I've lived in several countries. I've found places I never want to see again , but never really found 'home'. I like living here in N.E. Scotland, but I doubt if I'll want to stay here for ever.

I suppose there's a bit of the wanderer in me and I simply can't understand those who live in the place all their lives. So, I think I'd have a base somewhere in E. Scotland (west is too wet and full of midgies) and then rent an appartment somewhere different for a few months each year.

Places I'd try ....... Norway or Finland on Baltic Coast, Ardennes region of Belgium or Mosel valley in Germany.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 08:59 PM

I would choose to live exactly where I do now... I'm content where I am.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->

That's lovely Pats. It's good for your health to be so content.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's lovely Pats. It's good for your health to be so content.
Yeah, that's why I have high blood pressure, arthritis, a bad knee and tooth ache
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
Yeah, that's why I have high blood pressure, arthritis, a bad knee and tooth ache
Oh dear, poor you. Hope you get some sleep.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Would you take a lodger Mollie?
Indeed I would, Missus Mups. We could be companions and would dine graciously, and we wouldn't have to lift a finger housekeeping as it would be done for us.

Anybody else like to move in with us?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top