Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 06:10 PM

New gadget Bargain!!

Earlier this year my son bought me a bog standard mincer. Trouble is the blade and the bit with holes in rust up; the entire thing is heavy and lumpy; it needs muscles like Arni to turn the handle, the tiniest bit of gristle/fat clogs the cutter/ and because our works surface has a curved edge it is almost impossible to fix mincer to surface. So all in all a bit of a disappointment and rarely used.

Anyway, ever since ordering something from Amazon ages ago, they regularly send me e-mails offering stuff on special offer, and the night before last there was an electric mincer/sausage maker, original price £99.99 (yeah right, don't need one that much) but it was on offer for £29.99! So son immediately ordered it (and some sausage skins obviously) and it has just arrived. It is much bigger than it appeared on the photo, but it is a beauty, stainless steel and shining and easy to see why it was £99.99 in the first place.

So tomorrow it will be spag.bol. using some steak I have in freezer. And I cannot wait to try making sausages, already mind zinging with variations.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 06:15 PM

Re: New gadget Bargain!!

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
Earlier this year my son bought me a bog standard mincer. Trouble is the blade and the bit with holes in rust up; the entire thing is heavy and lumpy; it needs muscles like Arni to turn the handle, the tiniest bit of gristle/fat clogs the cutter/ and because our works surface has a curved edge it is almost impossible to fix mincer to surface. So all in all a bit of a disappointment and rarely used.

Anyway, ever since ordering something from Amazon ages ago, they regularly send me e-mails offering stuff on special offer, and the night before last there was an electric mincer/sausage maker, original price £99.99 (yeah right, don't need one that much) but it was on offer for £29.99! So son immediately ordered it (and some sausage skins obviously) and it has just arrived. It is much bigger than it appeared on the photo, but it is a beauty, stainless steel and shining and easy to see why it was £99.99 in the first place.

So tomorrow it will be spag.bol. using some steak I have in freezer. And I cannot wait to try making sausages, already mind zinging with variations.

Ooooohhhhh - home made sausage toad-in-the-hole - I'm on my way DM.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 06:34 PM

Well, I had to "google" that one.. lol!
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Why the need to google?
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
Why the need to google?
I had no idea what "Toad in the hole" was.. now I know and I didn't have to ask..
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 06:57 PM

I had no idea what "Toad in the hole" was.. now I know and I didn't have to ask..
Careful, Audrey...If you spend too much time on here you may end up talking like a Brit
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 07:12 PM

I don't like toad in the hole, I prefer bangers and mash.
AudreyII
USA

20-08-2013, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
I don't like toad in the hole, I prefer bangers and mash.
Now THAT I have heard of..
AudreyII
USA

20-08-2013, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Careful, Audrey...If you spend too much time on here you may end up talking like a Brit
It's not like we are speaking different languages . IF I read really carefully, I can understand most things.. And I say.. "Well that's certainly a different way of saying such and such" AND some things I have to google. It's kind of fun.. and certainly educational..
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 09:40 AM

You had but to ask Auidrey darlin' - across t'other side of the 'pond' I think its called 'pigs in blankets'

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top