Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 05:37 AM

Happy Wednesday Folk.

A view of Tubingen in Germany where my son works. I'd better sort my clothes out today so Sheila can start packing for our forthcoming holiday to Guernsey. Before you ladies ask why I don't do my own packing we have an arrangement - I drive to the airport and back and she packs...........fair division of labour.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 06:20 AM

Re: Happy Wednesday Folk.

Good morning Alan and all to arrive yet.
Good share is that Alan. She probably knows that you would need some
thing you have not packed. Hope you enjoy your time in Guernsey.
The weather doesn't look too bad with the odd shower amongst the sunshine but not cold so that sounds the good English weather.
Hope everyone has a nice day. Take care
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 06:39 AM

Good morning all
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 07:41 AM

Good morning, afternoon or evening , whichever part of the globe you hail from.

IN a world full of unrest & trouble, this a pleasant backwater where you can detach yourself for a bit in fine company.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 07:47 AM

Good morning all.

Another lovely day here. Hope you have a nice holiday Alan. When are you going today?

Lovely pic.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 08:01 AM

Good morning folks.

I actually slept somewhat soundly, if you can imagine that.

I got quite a shock when I awoke as the radio was playing Roger Whittaker's "Durham Town", that's the first time I've heard that song played on the radio in over 20 years! Good tune though, I remember I had that single back in the 70s, don't know what happened to it. I'll be humming it all day now, it's one of those songs that get stuck in your head!!

It has been raining through the wee hours but it is nice and sunny now so I will get the morning papers, read them and then go and power wash the roof - no more procrastinating!

Have a good day all.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 09:25 AM

Good morning everyone, overcast here today but a very pleasant 18deg. already..

I'm chopping wood today that I have collected from my neighbour's newly felled tree. It's good exercise and I love getting that little wood burner going over winter, it just about heats the whole house through the day and we've never yet had to buy any fuel, definitely a win win....

Have a great day folks,

Barry
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 09:32 AM

Good Morning all, a cloudy start to the day.

My hubby used to do the packing, nowadays we each pack a case of our own.
We get a taxi to and from airport though
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Good morning all.

Another lovely day here. Hope you have a nice holiday Alan. When are you going today?

Lovely pic.
We go on Saturday, our daughter is house-sitting for us while we're away.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 09:40 AM

Good morning everyone.
My, you're in a philosophical mood this morning Robert
I'm still waiting for the District nurse to call, after a cryptic call from her .. maybe call you back or pop in. Tried ringing but the clinic is closed.
Our land line 'phone has been off since Friday, all calls have been diverted to our mobile, it was finally fixed at 9am today.
Trouble with that is, if the mobile rings, we go into panic mode it is only for emergencies!
Hey ho, such is life.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top