Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 10:06 AM

Re: Happy Wednesday Folk.

Good morning fellow members and a beautiful morning it is too.
Best enjoy it, we are almost at the end of August and summer will soon be gone.

I managed to get lots of cleaning done yesterday and hope to do more today . I cleaned all the windows pursued by wasps who have put in a late appearance this year. I always use vinegar and water on the windows and wonder if this was attracting them.

Enjoy your day everyone
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 11:28 AM

Good morning all
We have a sunny day too Meg ~ been sawing up some branches/prunings and it's too hot out there.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 11:40 AM

Good morning all, dull and warm here today. I'm still doing work today so I'll be in the shed most of the day, just dropped in for a break.
Take it easy Folks.
This brand of tea is very popular over here Plantman, I don't drink tea but I thought you might like a cup, I'll post another one next week for you to look at.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Good morning all, dull and warm here today. I'm still doing work today so I'll be in the shed most of the day, just dropped in for a break.
Take it easy Folks.
This brand of tea is very popular over here Plantman, I don't drink tea but I thought you might like a cup, I'll post another one next week for you to look at.
Many thanks Jim, I'll make a brew now and toast you with it..
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 12:22 PM

Hot and sunny here today with temps close to 90.. Perhaps some needed rain tonight.. My front lawn is brown..
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 12:50 PM

buenas dias all. As ever extremely hot here but there was some cloud about last night and some today too, but not a drop of rain. I'm fed up of mosquitoes thinking I'm a gourmet meal, I've had more bites this year than I've ever had, despite being covered in repellent. I've tried every repellent you can think of, including one very expensive one that virtually guarantees no bites..........doesn't work on me! I've done 4 washing loads, oh how I love this 15 minute quick wash programme. Nice also that at this time of year everything is dry in 15 minutes or less. Nothing special planned today, just a "take it as it comes" sort of day.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 02:20 PM

Clumsy, Isn't that why the Colonials drank gin and tonic at sundown? to repel mosquito's (the tonic part is supposed to help, the gin is the flavouring)

Janela re mobile and panic. Heard phone going yesterday, ah it's a mobile, but hang on the sound isn't coming from my mobile so where is it coming from? Looked under cushions and found my son had lost it there when he was visiting at w/end - fortunately it's not the one he uses most, he was relieved as he thought he'd lost it on the train.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by valice ->
Clumsy, Isn't that why the Colonials drank gin and tonic at sundown? to repel mosquito's (the tonic part is supposed to help, the gin is the flavouring)

Janela re mobile and panic. Heard phone going yesterday, ah it's a mobile, but hang on the sound isn't coming from my mobile so where is it coming from? Looked under cushions and found my son had lost it there when he was visiting at w/end - fortunately it's not the one he uses most, he was relieved as he thought he'd lost it on the train.
I guess the tonic part had quinine in it, I think the colonials presumed it helped guard against malaria. Many of the locals in Kenya still use the leaves of the cinchona tree to cure their malaria, they boil it up, cover themselves with a sheet and breath in the fumes, then they drink the liquid. I can assure you, having tried it, it's quite disgusting. I'm just unfortunate that I'm one of those people that bitey things seem to like, it must be my rare blood group !

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top