Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 01:02 PM

does anyone really like spiders

I'm ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED OF SPIDERS...IT'S THE SPEED...AND THOSE LEGS....I CAN IMAGINE THEM CRAWLING OVER ME.....THEY SEEM TO BE GETTING BIGGER TOO...
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 01:05 PM

Re: does anyone really like spiders

Everything about them seems to tell you to keep well away. They obviously hate us too...
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 01:07 PM

There was a time when I couldn't even bear to look at a picture of a spider but these days I can just about cope. As long as the spider doesn't come anywhere near me I think I'm okay but if I saw one in my bedroom I wouldn't sleep until it had been found and removed, not by me I hasten to add.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 01:22 PM

I was so scared of spiders I went and got some therapy for it, they introduced me to pictures then the real thing slowly and in controlled circumstances. Pronounced me cured and all was well until I went to the bin area here and a huge hairy specimen ran over my hand as I leaned on the wall. To say I panicked would not quite explain the almost catatonic state I went into.

So that really worked LOL

Mollie dog is the worst she brings them to me carried carefully in her mouth and dumps them on my lap still alive but half drowned in saliva - scream I don't half scream I am sure she is grinning as she does it !
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 01:26 PM

I detest them.. I think I hate roaches more.. anything that crunches when they are squashed makes me sick.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 01:41 PM

No, I don't like them. I'm not terrified and can vac them up (though I don't like the noise that makes when it's a biggy)
Never encountered a roach Audrey..now the thought of that does terrify me
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 01:49 PM

I like spiders and go out of my way to preserve them when they get into awkward situations like the bath.

This is the time of the year when we get a certain kind of spindly spider with very thin legs all over the house.

I am not too keen on very fat spiders and have a phobia about cockroaches.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 01:50 PM

Yes I love spiders. I think they're fascinating creatures. Just watch them spin webs - miracles of engineering.

With a few exceptions, spiders are harmless - I think that all UK species are. Spiders are very welcome in my workshop and I wouldn't harm one.
Dianne doesn't care for them, but at least she likes snakes. I like snakes too, but there are few of them here.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 01:59 PM

My son when he was young liked spiders, and would collect them up and let them run around on his hands.

I'm not afraid of spiders, but don't like them to be round my bed. I'm afraid I do kill them as I don't want them making their webs in the house.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 02:16 PM

I don't mind snakes... But Insects and spiders are gross.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top