Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 06:30 PM

There's a guy works down the chipshop..

Swears he's Elvis. Well, there's a guy who lives in Banff who always seems to be dressed as Elvis. (at least he's got the hairstyle) Today it was warm so he wasn't overdressed - just jeans, a bright green satin shirt, a broad gold belt and a chunky gold neclkace.

More often he's wearing dark glasses and a white jumpsuit covered with rhinestones . A bit OTT for shopping in Tesco!

Anyone else got a wannabe celebrity lookalike in their town?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 06:33 PM

Re: There's a guy works down the chipshop..

Years ago - a true Elvis lookalike came into a cafe each day, a yound fella around 20, he was the double of Elvis and I am convinced he was not aware just how much. I never mentioned it to him, he was very shy .....
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 07:12 PM

Still on the Elvis theme. Not too far away from here is a restaurant called Elvis's Kitchen. Everything is ELVIS. His music in the background. Memorabilia covering the walls.
Oh and a life-sized model of the man just outside the door.

The food is good too. American themed of course.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 07:30 PM

I had a husband once that thought he looked like Elvis.... he didn't..

Anyway... I was born on Elvis' birthday... January 8th... Last January Elvis would have turned 78 years old... SO unless the Chip Guy is an OLD guy... he ain't Elvis..
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 07:45 PM

We used to have a barman in our local back in the 70's and he was the spittin image of Boris Karloff, he was a real gentleman and quite shy, very popular with the ladies too, he had to put up with a lot of slagging but he never got annoyed about it. Unfortunately a drunken driver knocked him down one winters night after he closed up and he was killed instantly I believe.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Swears he's Elvis. Well, there's a guy who lives in Banff who always seems to be dressed as Elvis. (at least he's got the hairstyle) Today it was warm so he wasn't overdressed - just jeans, a bright green satin shirt, a broad gold belt and a chunky gold neclkace.

More often he's wearing dark glasses and a white jumpsuit covered with rhinestones . A bit OTT for shopping in Tesco!

Anyone else got a wannabe celebrity lookalike in their town?
I hadn't heard of this George, though there was a man who liked to dress like a Cow-Boy in Portgordon I believe. Maybe he still does, who knows.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Years ago - a true Elvis lookalike came into a cafe each day, a yound fella around 20, he was the double of Elvis and I am convinced he was not aware just how much. I never mentioned it to him, he was very shy .....
All shook up, huh?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 09:00 PM

I keep telling people "I am NOT Beyonce!"
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.

21-08-2013, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I keep telling people "I am NOT Beyonce!"
Who?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 09:06 PM

Someone tell him! Tried to paste pic, didn't work!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top