Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 03:35 PM

Re: Heartwarming

Originally Posted by Mups ->
And an ambient room temperature preferably. . .
Its essential .......
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 03:55 PM

I used to own a Rover 2000 TC. Lovely car. Touch of class about it with all leather interior. Real rust bucket as a lot of cars were at that time. Can't remember what became of it though? Probably scrapped it as I had a tendency to push them a bit hard and used to bust gearboxes a fair bit . Same colour as below.

Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 09:06 PM

Same colour as the off topic CONSOMME mentioned earlier.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 09:37 PM

I've never been one for cars, never got the driving bug.
What stirs my heart now is when I watch the old black and white films, my son gets them for me and others I watch on the archive site, I do like modern cinema but the old one's are special and bring back so many good memories, I always loved going to the pictures since I was a nipper when my mother would take me for company, she must have been very lonely as my dad was a TB patient and in hospital for many years. Enough of the sad stories, I knew all the actors and actress names by the time I was 14 and would eagerly await their new films, even Q for ages to see them, now I was going with my friends, one of whom had a sister in the cash box at the local cinema and it usually cost us nothing when she was on duty. Dublin was awash with Picture Houses then. When I look at the films now I can remember where I saw the film first and that in turn jogs more memories.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 09:49 PM

My dad loved old B/W fillums and his favourite was this one.........Bicycle Thieves, also known as The Bicycle Thief, is director Vittorio De Sica's 1948 story of a poor father searching post-World War II Rome for his stolen bicycle, without which he will lose the job

I watched it again recently & it had lost none of it's charm & sadness.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I've never been one for cars, never got the driving bug.
What stirs my heart now is when I watch the old black and white films, my son gets them for me and others I watch on the archive site, I do like modern cinema but the old one's are special and bring back so many good memories, I always loved going to the pictures since I was a nipper when my mother would take me for company, she must have been very lonely as my dad was a TB patient and in hospital for many years. Enough of the sad stories, I knew all the actors and actress names by the time I was 14 and would eagerly await their new films, even Q for ages to see them, now I was going with my friends, one of whom had a sister in the cash box at the local cinema and it usually cost us nothing when she was on duty. Dublin was awash with Picture Houses then. When I look at the films now I can remember where I saw the film first and that in turn jogs more memories.
Very true what you say - akin to music, bringing back those memories .....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top