Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 01:50 PM

What is your very earliest memory?

Mine was being held by my dad and looking down on the street at the cars going by. I know I had to be only 2 years old or so.. No more than that, as I was born in 1949 and we moved out of that 2nd floor flat in 1951. I can see all the big old black cars moving down Archer Avenue.. and I can feel my dad's arms holding me. What's your earliest?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 02:25 PM

Re: What is your very earliest memory?

Nice memory .....
Falling asleep in nursery - 3 years old, when I woke, children were all around me holding a sweetie for being good ..... I was just tired ....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 02:27 PM

I remember being in my pram, being pushed by my sister & two cousins to the pub to get my Dad's cider, they used to serve kids then!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I remember being in my pram, being pushed by my sister & two cousins to the pub to get my Dad's cider, they used to serve kids then!
Have you ever been dressed as Guy Fawkes tho' .... I was
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 02:37 PM

No! You poor thing! Did you get many pennies?
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 02:38 PM

I remember sitting behind my dad on his big black bike on a child seat and all I could see was his (to me) huge back as he pedalled away. I was probably 2 or 3 then.

A little later I remember my grandma taking my sister and I mushrooming in the early morning to gather huge field mushrooms for Sunday breakfast (always a fry-up) in the fields near a strange brick and turf edifice known as "the Rifle Butts." I had no idea what that meant until I was a bit older and was told that that was where the Eton College Cadet Force practised their rifle shooting (just in case we plebs got out of hand, no doubt!).

I remember my first day at infant's school where I was very confused by our headteacher. He had a very deep voice, short iron-grey hair and wore a tweed jacket, shirt and tie. So far so good, but he (she?) also wore a long tweed skirt, lisle stockings and brogues. To confuse me further, he was called, "Miss Bell." He also shared a house with another teacher who was similarly attired. As children do, I quickly got used to the situation and put any confusion aside. It was only many years later, watching Robin Williams doing his stand-up show when he referred to lesbians as "women in sensible shoes" that the coin dropped and I remembered Miss Bell. Even though I went through infant's school assuming she was male, she was a wonderful teacher and much loved by all who were fortunate to be taught by her.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 02:48 PM

I always has a vague memory of a nurse and doctor leaning over me and poking at my chest. Many years later, my mother said that when I was born, I had a cyst beside my left nipple and this was removed while I was still a baby. This explains a small scar on my chest. My GP says that these days, nobody would bother with it.

I also remember the day in 1953 that the 'Princess Victoria' sank while sailing from Stranraer to N.Ireland. My father used to take me to see the waves when it was stormy. I remember the adults talking about the disaster that evening.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 02:52 PM

I remember the three terraced houses opposite my house being flattened by a bomb during ww2. Glass from our windows was embedded in my Mums headboard.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 03:00 PM

For some reason... I have a lot of memories from the age of 4. I remember skipping around on my front lawn singing "I'm four years old!! I'm four years old" It was a beautiful warm sunny day so it wasn't my birthday because I was born in January.

Also at age four.. I had my tonsils out.. I have VIVID memories of that.. From the car ride to the hospital.. to walking in and a HUGE nurse stuck my ear to take a blood sample.. (scared the bejeebus out of me) to the smell of the anesthesia which was probabley Ether.. And the lies they told me about being able to eat all the popsicles and ice cream I wanted... BULL!! It hurt much to bad to swallow it. Back then kids were having their tonsils out like an assembly line. We were all stuck in a big Ward with many beds. The kid next to me was a boy. I remember him turning over and his heinie stuck out of the back of his gown. I WAS MORTIFIED!!!!! OMG... a boys rear end!! Oh the shame of it!!!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 03:31 PM

My earliest memory is from when I was less than 3 years old. I wandered from our house into the next-door neighbour's. We left that house when I was 3 years old.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top