Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 07:42 PM

Re: What is your very earliest memory?

I remember being sat on the draining board in our neighbour's scullery whilst she did her laundry. According to my Mum the only time I was left with that neighbour was when she had to go into hospital to have her appendix out when I was eighteen months or so..
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 07:53 PM

I think my earliest memory was when my mum took me to the baby clinic ...which must have been held in the primary school....to get little bottles of orange juice....which all young children got then...just after the war...
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 07:57 PM

i also remember going to hospital to get a cyst cut from my eyelid....when the porters came with the trolly...i held onto my mum and wouldn't let go when they finally got me on the trolly...i wouldn't lie still so he had to carry me i think i was about 3 years old then....
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 12:07 AM

What lovely memories here.

One of my earliest memories was when I was three and I asked my mum for a pen and pad. Biros hadn't been invented yet, so she gave me a pencil, which I threw away. I wanted a proper nib pen, a bottle of ink and a nice writing pad.

She nipped next door to the post office and bought me them, but told me to be careful with the ink. The Quink was Royal Blue. Anything to keep me quiet!

I started to dip the pen in the ink and wrote my name on the pad a few times, then got bored, so I got the newspaper and started to copy words out of it. Next thing I knew, she walked past me and took the pen out of my left hand, and put it into my right hand, and I've been ambidextrous ever since (but not in all things).
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Food for thought!!

PLEASE tell me the "V" word does not give anyone the vapors!!
What a thought Aud, no worries about the V word ,cos half of the members have one. The other half havent & are mostly happy with the arrangement..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 04:23 PM

Don't know the age, but I was at infants school, and my brother and I used to have to put our arm through the letterbox and reach for the doorkey which was dangling on a string inside the door. Wouldn't dare do that nowadays would we.
Dad used to keep a few chickens and one day I went into the henhouse on my own and I remember screaming blue murder because the huge cockerel cornered me and wouldn't let me move.
I also remember my brother destroying my belief in Father Christmas when he showed me the Santa outfit Dad wore packed away in the loft.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 04:26 PM

Ah - good tales there Mups ....
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 06:48 PM

Speaking of Santa Claus.... I remember being perhaps 5 or 6 and going to a Christmas party at my father's lodge. My father was the one chosen to dress up as Santa. They sat me on his lap and I noticed the very distinct initial ring he always wore. I pointed at it and started to open my mouth when my mother swooped in out of nowhere and clamped her hand over my yap and carried me out of the room.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Speaking of Santa Claus.... I remember being perhaps 5 or 6 and going to a Christmas party at my father's lodge. My father was the one chosen to dress up as Santa. They sat me on his lap and I noticed the very distinct initial ring he always wore. I pointed at it and started to open my mouth when my mother swooped in out of nowhere and clamped her hand over my yap and carried me out of the room.
Out of the mouth of babes - not that time !

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top