Join for free
anekico
Liverpool UK
anekico is female  anekico has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2010, 11:02 PM

Mahjongg anyone?

A friend of mine bought me a mahjongg set for Christmas.

I have played the solitaire version on the computer for years.

Have checked out how to play and will try it out with me playing against myself as no one I know will have a go. Not as yet had a go but will be soon. Play cribbage that way so must be able to work it out.

Does anyone play? Be interested to hear what it's like.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2010, 09:17 AM

Re: Mahjongg anyone?

I too sometimes play computer Mahjongg (that is exactly the same as Taipei isn't it?). I once played is as a board game before the computer age. Quite complicated as I remember. Computer versions are in 3D and it is usually possible to see the free tiles quite easily. Even if you get it wrong, the computer tells you so ..and the game is set up with the click of a button.

A bit more of a job to decide what tiles are free with real ones maybe. The children in our family have tended to swing back towards proper board games this year. I'll bet one of them would have taken you up on an offer to play with real tiles.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2010, 10:50 AM

I love it! I play it on my pc - it is one of the standard games on it. I also look up and play it on free online games. The only drawback of playing online ones - the tiles are too small sometimes for me to make out!

It is good for the brain!

Happy playing
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2010, 04:30 PM

I've just discovered the online solitaire version and I really enjoy it, but only as a solitary passtime. It looks the kind of game i might enjoy though. Is it played as a two hander or can more play?
anekico
Liverpool UK
anekico is female  anekico has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2010, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
I love it! I play it on my pc - it is one of the standard games on it. I also look up and play it on free online games. The only drawback of playing online ones - the tiles are too small sometimes for me to make out!

It is good for the brain!

Happy playing
Facebook has a version of it and those tiles do test my eyesight.
anekico
Liverpool UK

15-01-2010, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
I've just discovered the online solitaire version and I really enjoy it, but only as a solitary passtime. It looks the kind of game i might enjoy though. Is it played as a two hander or can more play?
Not sure about two hander. The real game is played with four people and is not set up as the solitaire version is.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top