Join for free
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2010, 07:10 PM

Favourite memories

I think one of my favourite memories was my first trip to London with my Mum and Dad and my brother ..... I was about 7 or 8 at the time.

It must have been around winter time as I remember it was dark early and all the big neon signs on the buildings were ablaze with colour, something we had never seen in our town back home. I felt so excited being in the capital city of England.

I had never seen so many people before, men were busking on the pavements and others selling souveniers all along the roads. There was a buzz everywhere!

My excitement grew when my father stopped at this cart with 'fire' on it ...... yes, it was hot chestnuts roasting! The only place I had seen them before was on films! We were given a bag each and I can remember almost dropping mine where the chestnuts were so hot. My dad peeled them for me, I didn't like the taste very much but I ate them all because it seemed so special doing that in London

We must have walked for miles, I remember loving every minute of it and feeling that I wanted to stay there forever
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2010, 07:31 PM

Re: Favourite memories

Returning back to my house after seeing a mate for a couple of beers,seeing a car parked and this lady sitting on my doorstep with a bag.

Sometimes marriages do not work out,sometimes we get lucky.

Jenny left her loveless marriage and ended up on my doorstep.

we will have been married for 25 years this September
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2010, 09:42 PM

Lovely memory, OG. How is Jenny doing?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2010, 05:06 PM

Good thread Mags - and nice stories both

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top