Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2010, 08:51 AM

Winter wednesday

-but at least where we are the snow has all but cleared--be careful out there!
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2010, 09:08 AM

Re: Winter wednesday

Morning Christian and all

You can go off people you know Christian, we thought we were thawing but we have had more snow overnight so we are back to square one, fingers crossed for the rain we have been promised on Saturday.

Take care all
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2010, 09:17 AM

More snow here BUT above zero forecast today and upto and including Sunday - maybe we'll see the back of the white peril.
I've got a cold - quelle suprise, after the last week's events - but it's nothing too awful for now.

Think I'll see if there are any long term forecasts around ... depress myself a bit! Hey - it could be a lot worse - we could be in Haiti. That must be one of the most god-forsaken (in a non-deific sort of way) places on earth.
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2010, 11:22 AM

More snow here too, again just as it started to thaw yesterday too.........forecast for this area is rain at the weekend - hurrah!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2010, 11:45 AM

We are thawing......flooded roads everywhere now, and the temp today is 5, but we have strong winds and rain at the moment....
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2010, 11:46 AM

Morning Christian and Everyone

Roads quite clear up here - the gritters were out at 4 am this morning! The pavements though still have ice on them where I live and still horrid to try and walk on! It's supposed to rain here this afternoon and by the looks of it, I think it will - fingers crossed!

Our BT phone lines are down in this area at the moment! Thank goodness for mobiles!

Hope everyone will enjoy their day whatever the weather and stay safe.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2010, 11:49 AM

Mornin all, . . not nice here at all, . . still no thaw and the gang are going stir-crazy, . . there's no where to take them walkies that is'nt covered in ice, . . I'm not risking one of them breaking a leg.

I see Wales and the south got it bad during the night, also the midlands, . . I wish you all well, . . we've had it here for 4 weeks now and it's not nice, . . take care oFFers and turn up the heating.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2010, 01:22 PM

It snowed all night here and we have a thick covering this morning, the biting cold wind has gone though so that's one consolation.

I donned my wellies earlier and clomped through the snow to Sainsbury's, all stocked up again for a few days. The store was surprisingly empty of customers, it made shopping a pleasure!

Take care everyone and keep warm...
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2010, 01:56 PM

Good Morning Christian and all With the wonderful November and December we had here in Ohio, I guess we do deserve this horrible January. My daughter in law said in her 27 years in Florida see has never seen sleet until yesterday. An area near me has 48 inches of snow and we have a couple feet at least, it just never stops snowing and today we have hope of getting above freezingwhich has not happened in many a day. This has been even worse than what they used to call 'the old fashioned winter' I've had the urge to have a snow ball fight a few times but could not get any interest, they were all too cold.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2010, 04:52 PM

Hasn't cleared here - worse than ever Looks nice tho

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top