Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2010, 08:54 AM

Thawing thursday

-well one can live in hope. We are 'clear' here -hope the same begins today where you are.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2010, 09:25 AM

Re: Thawing thursday

Mornin all, . . it is thawing Thursday Chris, . . the temp has been just above freezing here for 4 days but not enough to the thaw the black ice, . . at the moment it's snowing, . . a light powdery snow, this means we'll get a grip on the ice and the dogs will get their walkies today, . . they've been stir crazy the last 4 days being confined to the house.

Best foot forward as they say, . . I see the temp for down south will rise to +9 tomorrow, that, along with some rain should get things moving again, . . it's amazing how a little bit of white fluffy stuff can bring us all to a standstill.

The casualty departments have been inundated with ice related injuries so take care oFFers, have a warm one friends.
Geordiegirl
Suffolk UK
Geordiegirl is female  Geordiegirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2010, 09:52 AM

Morning all,
We've still got quite a bit of snow left here and today its very foggy.
have a good day folks and what ever you are doing stay safe
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2010, 09:56 AM

Morning!
Snow almost gone, a balmy 3C here!
I'm still snivelling a bit but better than yesterday,
England are 16-2 in the cricket
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2010, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Morning!
Snow almost gone, a balmy 3C here!
I'm still snivelling a bit but better than yesterday,
England are 16-2 in the cricket
How on earth can they play cricket in the snow DM.
nero
Central Scotland

14-01-2010, 10:20 AM

I shall now venture forth into the white wilderness with the dogs, . . as one of Captain Scott's of the Antarctic men said, . . "I shall be gone for some time", . . . see yez later, . . I hope.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2010, 10:28 AM

Captain Oates?
I hope you fare better than him!

I also hope you fare better than the England cricketers - 47- now
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2010, 11:00 AM

Morning all!

Phew! it's +2C here and I've had to open the windows! There's still plenty of snow on the ground but I'm sure it will soon thaw today.

Have a good day everyone!
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2010, 11:21 AM

oh yes. The swamp that was my garden has reappeared and all the floors are covered with towels.
Joy.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2010, 11:29 AM

Morning Christian and Everyone No thaw here, it snowed again during the night and this morning! So much for weather forecasts! Now the parts that were thawing out, are now all covered in snow. Anyone want to change places with me

Hope you all have a thawing good day!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top