Join for free
anekico
Liverpool UK
anekico is female  anekico has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2010, 12:23 AM

What on earth.....!

Imagine the scene......I went for a walk with my daughter, we went to the park where there was expensive work being done throughout the park.

We wanted to feed the squirrels and ducks...... all went well until we reached the largest of the lakes...... it had been drained, there was a poor little moorhen picking about in the mud and I in my infinite wisdom leaned to throw bread in......yes you guessed....it all seemed to happen in slow motion as I windmilled into the lake, quick witted I kept my mouth closed, some sense told me I was going in face first. Sure enough I sank quite quickly but not too deep, managed to get nearly upright then slipped right back in.

My poor daughter was torn between trying to get to me and pull me out to just standing helplessly, she picked the latter.
Meanwhile I was still trying to stand and actually get moving back to the path, a nice gentleman, spotlessly dressed in jeans and white tee shirt offered his hand, I could not accept, he would have been covered in mud, slowly I managed to haul myself back to the path, one sandal was sitting on top of the mud and my bag alongside, he helped get those out without getting too covered, I prayed I would not stand on any of the glass or cans I knew littered the lakes, safe to say I eventually got back on hard ground.....It was nice to see that several people were standing on the hill watching andf taking pics on their phones....thanks for that!!!

So now I have the joy of getting home....It's a fair walk home and it was a lovely day so loads of people out and about. They divided up into 3 groups, Don't look, it's rude, Look but don't ask and the last were the askers! Well I ask you what do you say!

I plodded home and longing for a shower said I would go through the back as to make the least mess. Now you have to understand, opposite to me is a where a group of builders are based, don't worry, they will have had lunch and be gone by now, not a chance! There they were all sitting there trying not to laugh asking what happened and asking if I would like them to hose me down. I passed.

That shower took forever to shift the mud but what a relief to be clean again. Of course I then got the comments mud baths are good for you. Not this mud!

So people lets hear your tales because be honest we all have tales we keep to ourselves, I thought this might amuse you and whilst typing it has all come back to me ugh!
anekico
Liverpool UK
anekico is female  anekico has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2010, 12:26 AM

Re: What on earth.....!

Well that went wrong no pic attached. Hope this is right. http://s930.photobucket.com/albums/ad148/anekico/
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2010, 01:19 PM

That must have been quite a day in 'mudville' Geeez taking pictures with their phones......some day they will get it.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2010, 08:00 AM

I can sympathise, many years ago I had to walk home with my afghans who had decided to romp in a creek and were covered in black mud which in turn they shared with me.

No mobiles then
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2010, 09:48 PM

Oh dear.......what can I say except my brain conjured up this vision of 'muddiness'

The one and only experience I have had is when a friend and I were walking our dogs and they both decided to jump into this sort of small pond/lake full of stagnant water and couldn't get out. We both had to lean over the side and of course we both fell in so now we had two stinking dogs and two stinking owners. Did manage to get out eventually but the smell was atrocious!!!! What made it worse was it was a very warm day and the smell was rising. Fortunately we were not too far from a small reservoir so we all ended up having a swim in there and then carried on with our walk to dry off.........my friend and I looked liked we had spent the night in the woods or like we didn't iron our clothes......we didn't care and at least we could get back in the car smelling a little fresher.......didn't do much for our hairstyles either but the dogs had a whale of a time...
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2010, 09:56 PM

A mud story just came to mind. When I was about 10 and my brother 8, he was picked up by his little girlfriend on a horse and they always rode bareback. I wanted to go and cried until my Mother made them take me along. Anyway we went down into a creek and you know what happened going up with no saddle, I slid off but it was just muddy water and I got to go and they waited for me. Messy but good day all considered.

Love all your stories.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2010, 05:56 PM

Glad you weren't injured

Btw where's the pics? You need a password to log in there as you've posted the link to the album (whereas you need to just copy the individual IMG tag code they give you per pic).

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top