Join for free
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2010, 09:11 AM

Tis tuesday

and my 'pooter' is on a go-slow -it took ages to bring up this page. Think I had better try a re-boot Ps Morning!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2010, 11:33 AM

Re: Tis tuesday

Hope you are correctly shod now Chr1st1an

It's a nothing-very-much day here - dry, dull, warm. I'll take it!

Had a load of logs arrive after dark yesterday, so they had to be shifted and stacked first thing. It's a good way to start the day; gets the blood coursing well.

The luggage came home from its holiday yesterday - will be strange putting it all away unworn... no holiday laundry to do. I've just completed the insurance claim form; I do hope that goes through smoothly.

No news. Have a good day, people
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2010, 11:39 AM

Morning Christian and Everyone Dull, damp and dreich up here but I can take it - anything rather than snow!! Had problems myself with my internet yesterday, kept cutting out! Hope your problems are now on fast-track again, Christian.

Enjoy your day everyone.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2010, 12:48 PM

They can't decide if we're going to have rain or snow but I expected one or the other since I'll be out today for awhile

Christian, I hope your 'pooter' is better and traveling at a faster pace. I was helping someone the other night on the computer that had dial up and talk about slow, it really takes the enjoyment out of it.

Have a good day all
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2010, 05:28 PM

The thaw continues! 9 degrees now (48 F) before lunch; some sun, some clouds. But NOT below freezing as it was for days on end. Went to the market and pharmacy, settling in for a quiet day; no news, really.

I've been looking into changing from dial-up to broadband, but was rather discouraged to read that it requires a "self installation kit". It sounds a bit complicated and I'd hate to lose my connection and not be able to get on line.
Has anyone done this, and how difficult is it?
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2010, 10:57 PM

Evening all- been a run of the mill day here-been out walking for two days on a run now-just hoping we don't get the snow overnight as they predicted. Spent last night and most of this evening trying to sort out dates/flights to go and visit my niece in Germany as her hubby goes to Afghanistan in two weeks. We are spreading the visits out so that they don't all happen at once-takes some co-ordinating but we'll get there.........
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2010, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Evening all- been a run of the mill day here-been out walking for two days on a run now-just hoping we don't get the snow overnight as they predicted. Spent last night and most of this evening trying to sort out dates/flights to go and visit my niece in Germany as her hubby goes to Afghanistan in two weeks. We are spreading the visits out so that they don't all happen at once-takes some co-ordinating but we'll get there.........
Mary, I remember you telling us on another thread that your niece's husband was going to Afghanistan and now it's only two weeks away. How wonderful that you are going to be with her for a time and others also, it's exactly what she will need.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2010, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by buzzie ->
Mary, I remember you telling us on another thread that your niece's husband was going to Afghanistan and now it's only two weeks away. How wonderful that you are going to be with her for a time and others also, it's exactly what she will need.
It seems such a long time ago since I put it on another thread-cant believe how the time has passed. It will certainly break up the time for her and their two boys. They are coming over at Easter for 2 weeks and then for a few weeks when school finishes for summer so trying to work around these times as well-it will all come together eventually.
Wanda
High Peak, Derbyshire, UK
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2010, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
The thaw continues! 9 degrees now (48 F) before lunch; some sun, some clouds. But NOT below freezing as it was for days on end. Went to the market and pharmacy, settling in for a quiet day; no news, really.

I've been looking into changing from dial-up to broadband, but was rather discouraged to read that it requires a "self installation kit". It sounds a bit complicated and I'd hate to lose my connection and not be able to get on line.
Has anyone done this, and how difficult is it?
I set up my own broadband, and please believe me, I know nothing, absolutely nothing, about computers. It took a while, but I did manage to do it successfully, much to my surprise.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2010, 08:56 PM

Thanks, Wanda; could you go into a little more about the how?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top