Join for free
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2019, 04:12 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Just came to say Hi.
I send greetings from a friend also.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2019, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Just came to say Hi.
I send greetings from a friend also.
How are ya doing Sweetie, tell the friend I was asking for him, I miss him here.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2019, 08:49 PM

Interesting what lies behind paintings eh, James was a naughty boy all along and mummy thought he was a little angel.

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
That's Un-Canny Jem, I have a Grants in my hand, as I type.
That has happened to me several times on here Spitty.
I would type out a post only to find someone else had just posted a similar post before me, uncanny indeed.
Does mental telepathy exist? there was an experiment carried out between six of us (who agreed to take part) on a local forum I was on several years back, it’s now closed, but the Admin. posted a picture of a busy city centre scene taken in Dublin about the year 1960, at exactly 8pm on a certain night all six of us were to concentrate on something in the picture, I chose a woman getting into a taxi at the bottom left of the black and white photograph. we would then post our selection into a mod.
There were scores of people in the scene and numerous objects to choose from.
The results were very impressive, 3 out of the six had picked the same thing, the woman getting into the taxi, and another picked the taxi driver, someone else settled for a Bovril ad on a bus, and the last chose a messenger boy on a bike, all the selections were on the left side of the photo, just saying like, weird or what?
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 07:29 AM

Mental telepathy or left brained intuitiveness. Now there's a word to dabble with

A leisurely Sunday thought

does the average man get enough sleep?
what is enough sleep?
what is the average man?
What is does?
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 04:29 PM

Ahem.

Madam,you are becoming too divisible regarding your gene-attributations.

One is a sinistral,has played guitars of all types instinctively since the age of five,got through three degrees due to the sinistral attribute of retention of pertinent information,remains single,owns the island one resides on-and has been informed by those of less retentive abilities that one is 'wasting one's education' by driving very large vehicles across the planet. Yes,planet. As per requirements of any specific load..yet one is TOTALLY flummoxed by the Apple iCloud/interactive system! Duhhhh .

Yes,one sleeps as/when one's mind says ''Time to shut down,briefly''-thus upon waking,'sufficient sleep' has been endured-and as one is far from being interesting in any field,be it sport,ability to outplay a chess computer,or knowing by heart the quadrants most easily perceived to contain matter of a non-luminous state,then one considers oneself somewhat experienced regarding physical/cerebral interactions.

Ergo...one is 'fikk as shit 'n' twice as smelly''...but,regardless,one is happy.
Because one has met and interacted with countless people named 'you'.

....but in this whole cosmos,one has met just ONE 'Me'.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

12-05-2019, 07:54 PM

Well said Pug me lad, and just like the old Seekers song “We’ll never find another you”
Still having bother with Mack and Tosh, relax and have an apple.

Quote Solo. “A leisurely Sunday thought”

Solo,that reminds me of the Readers Digest’s “Points to Ponder”, back in the 1950’s my Dad was sent the magazine every month, the American version sent from his older brother in Los Angeles. I used to read it when he was finished with it hoping for something juicy to increase my knowledge of the opposite sex, alas there was never anything like that in the Readers Digest, a real “Family” magazine if ever there was one, Father Moore used to read it and recommend it so say nah more.
I actually learned a lot about the facts of life from an old encyclopaedia my dad had in the parlour, it was published in 1886, 14 huge volumes, and I accidentally stumbled across a section entitled “Reproduction”, and walla! all was revealed, as Hercule Poirot would say.(actually there's a good joke in the making there, must think about that more deeply)
There were other regular features like “How to increase your word Power” which I was useless at, but my favourite was “The most unforgettable Character I ever meet”

Does the average man get enough sleep?
Well answering for meself, and I’m gone way beyond the average man, I reckon the average man to be the average age as Christ was when he died, 33 and smack in the middle of life. The advantage of being retired is you can get all the sleep you want when you want it, so my bet is the average man does not get all the sleep he needs, he’s too busy trying to stay average.

What is enough sleep?
Enough sleep is when you no longer feel tired, you’re fed up lying in the bed so you get up.

What is the average man?
Ah now that varies with the generations, each generation has it’s own model, and there have been some really weird specimens of the average man over the centuries. Average is on a par with “Normal” and what’s normal today wasn’t normal as little as 20 years ago.

What is does?
Handsome is as handsome some does, or so me granny used to say.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 09:50 PM

God Bless the Absentee.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
God Bless the Absentee.
He is OK.
I am with him.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 08:39 AM

Having read and supported the one and only incomparable leisurely scribbles over the years on OFF please advise if it is to continue here or at the new venue !

On the road at present so posting when able
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Having read and supported the one and only incomparable leisurely scribbles over the years on OFF please advise if it is to continue here or at the new venue !

On the road at present so posting when able
Well said Solo!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top