Join for free
Page 979 of 1676 « First < 479 879 929 969 977 978 979 980 981 989 1029 1079 1479 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 09:44 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
And break the habit of a lifetime, that is a big ask.
Fair do's Spitty, I concur. In reality a post from you without a clever use of wordplay would be WRONG

STOP PRESS

"Hurry up and get to the back of the ship," Tom said sternly

"We'll have to rehearse that," said the undertaker as the coffin fell out of the car.

TEE HEE
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 11:47 AM

Good Morning everyone

Wakey wakey rise and shine
Another day and all is fine
My favourite day, you all must know
Time to start the loony show
My wine is chilling for tonight
I'm all alone, you are all out of sight
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Fair do's Spitty, I concur. In reality a post from you without a clever use of wordplay would be WRONG

STOP PRESS

"Hurry up and get to the back of the ship," Tom said sternly

"We'll have to rehearse that," said the undertaker as the coffin fell out of the car.

TEE HEE
that's better RJ - bring it on man!! - I like them both anymore like RJ's found a new day??
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 12:42 PM

gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 12:52 PM

OMG she's gettin worst - here kitty kitty here kitty kitty - now get her in the bag and lets drown her!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 01:52 PM

Thank you all kindly for your lovely words of consolation, much appreciated.

We buried poor Tessie on Wednesday morning, a good crowd turned out for the church service, she was very popular in her own area. She would have been proud of her husband for the wonderful wake he gave for her back at their house, well done John me lad.
She had breast cancer 20 years ago and it seemed to be gone when she had a breast removed back then, but late last year the cancer returned with a vengeance and finally took it’s toll. What a cheerful woman she was, always looking at the bright side of things, she was a real joy to be with, I’ll miss her terribly and Wexford, lovely County that it is, will never be the same to me again without me oul pal Tessie,, she was 69. God rest her cheerful soul.

Sorry about this long post but I just have to give you some idea of what this wonderful person was like, I had 11 S.I.L.’s and she was by far my favourite.
Tessie, who was my brothers wife, was more than a sister in law to me, she used to work in the office of a jewellers I worked for when she was young, it was me who introduced her to my younger brother, they hit it off straight away.
She was a country girl working in the big city and when they married they lived for a few years in Dublin, but then her mother died in Wexford and they moved into her house down there. He was with the electricity board and managed to get a work transfer. She was always asking Phyllis and me to move down there, but I wasn’t a driver and all my work contacts were in Dublin, when I retired Phyllis said it was too late to change so we never did.
We went down there twice every year and they often came to Killarney with us when we went to Kerry, they in turn would spend some time with us here in the city, we were never short of a laugh when Tessie was around.
She was involved in amateur dramatics and could master any accent in a short time, she was very talented, good looking with a terrific figure that she kept all her life, she could have went far in the acting game had she wanted to, but she was too modest and too wrapped up in her four kids.
I remember on holiday one year the four of us went into a pub in Gorey, it was afternoon midweek so there were only a few regulars in there, we had a few jars and then she took out a script from her handbag, it was Heno McGee’s play “Hatchet”, all about a tough inner city family involved in dodgy dealings, they were putting it on locally, I had seen the play twice and told her so, she then asked me to do the husband who was rowing with his wife in the pub scene, fairly violent with lots of colourful language.
I studied the husbands dialogue for a while and off the pair of us started after giving the barman the nod and the wink. By God she was brilliant and the faces on the locals who thought we were for real, was something else. That gave her more pleasure than an Oscar.
You would have to travel far and wide before you’d meet another woman like Tessie, I miss her already.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I have enjoyed the past five years on this forum & especially here on SCRIBBLES, my first port of call.

My meanderings have been largely based on my illustrious career in retailing albeit some of it was in hindsight a tad too much in the style of “Blue remembered hills”. (Dennis Potter.)
There never was an Uncle Vivian, there’s a surprise. He was a patchwork of snatched bits of many folks I have known. He was, in fact, the best friend I never had, my loss.

I have had a light bulb moment, an epiphany.

In the light of my failing health, I have harped back to happier days, rather than living in the moment. I intend to live more in the moment, warts and all.

Not to wallow in it but to share my current view of my & our world.

Welcome to my new world chums

Whether they be old tales or new, wanderings or true, we all love them because they come from you.
What more can I say RJ. We’ll just keep ploughing along.

As dear old Joseph Locke sang

“Keep right on to the end of the road,
Keep right on to the end,
If the way be long, let your heart be strong,
Keep right on round the bend.
If you're tired and weary still journey on,
Till you come to your happy abode,
Where all you love that you're dreaming of
Will be there at the end of the road”

Maybe we should bring in a new rule Pug me lad
“There shalt not nay be any buggering off before twelve midnight”
‘Cept for me of course who shall definitely be buggering off around tennish for a pint, man cannot live on food alone ya know.
Oh look! it's lunchtime again, must dash off now, the old lads in the local will think I'm dead.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

24-08-2018, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Whether they be old tales or new, wanderings or true, we all love them because they come from you.
What more can I say RJ. We’ll just keep ploughing along.

As dear old Joseph Locke sang

“Keep right on to the end of the road,
Keep right on to the end,
If the way be long, let your heart be strong,
Keep right on round the bend.
If you're tired and weary still journey on,
Till you come to your happy abode,
Where all you love that you're dreaming of
Will be there at the end of the road”

Maybe we should bring in a new rule Pug me lad
“There shalt not nay be any buggering off before twelve midnight”
‘Cept for me of course who shall definitely be buggering off around tennish for a pint, man cannot live on food alone ya know.
Oh look! it's lunchtime again, must dash off now, the old lads in the local will think I'm dead.
scrounger!!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 06:33 PM

Just a little pointer,soze you's don't get stung by fraudsters...

.....toffee apples aren't made of toffee!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Thank you all kindly for your lovely words of consolation, much appreciated.

We buried poor Tessie on Wednesday morning, a good crowd turned out for the church service, she was very popular in her own area. She would have been proud of her husband for the wonderful wake he gave for her back at their house, well done John me lad.
She had breast cancer 20 years ago and it seemed to be gone when she had a breast removed back then, but late last year the cancer returned with a vengeance and finally took it’s toll. What a cheerful woman she was, always looking at the bright side of things, she was a real joy to be with, I’ll miss her terribly and Wexford, lovely County that it is, will never be the same to me again without me oul pal Tessie,, she was 69. God rest her cheerful soul.

Sorry about this long post but I just have to give you some idea of what this wonderful person was like, I had 11 S.I.L.’s and she was by far my favourite.
Tessie, who was my brothers wife, was more than a sister in law to me, she used to work in the office of a jewellers I worked for when she was young, it was me who introduced her to my younger brother, they hit it off straight away.
She was a country girl working in the big city and when they married they lived for a few years in Dublin, but then her mother died in Wexford and they moved into her house down there. He was with the electricity board and managed to get a work transfer. She was always asking Phyllis and me to move down there, but I wasn’t a driver and all my work contacts were in Dublin, when I retired Phyllis said it was too late to change so we never did.
We went down there twice every year and they often came to Killarney with us when we went to Kerry, they in turn would spend some time with us here in the city, we were never short of a laugh when Tessie was around.
She was involved in amateur dramatics and could master any accent in a short time, she was very talented, good looking with a terrific figure that she kept all her life, she could have went far in the acting game had she wanted to, but she was too modest and too wrapped up in her four kids.
I remember on holiday one year the four of us went into a pub in Gorey, it was afternoon midweek so there were only a few regulars in there, we had a few jars and then she took out a script from her handbag, it was Heno McGee’s play “Hatchet”, all about a tough inner city family involved in dodgy dealings, they were putting it on locally, I had seen the play twice and told her so, she then asked me to do the husband who was rowing with his wife in the pub scene, fairly violent with lots of colourful language.
I studied the husbands dialogue for a while and off the pair of us started after giving the barman the nod and the wink. By God she was brilliant and the faces on the locals who thought we were for real, was something else. That gave her more pleasure than an Oscar.
You would have to travel far and wide before you’d meet another woman like Tessie, I miss her already.
As always Jem your words create a clear picture and this time of what you yourself have lost. Thank you for sharing your SIL even for a brief moment. I wish you well

Page 979 of 1676 « First < 479 879 929 969 977 978 979 980 981 989 1029 1079 1479 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top