Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 08:19 PM

Re: Do you buy expensive items on credit?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You need to.

It gives you protection on Online purchases.

Just pay it off at the end of the Month and it costs nothing.
No way !
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 08:55 PM

Only our mortgage which we paid of ages ago. I never use credit & even got rid of my card, I have a debit one though.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 09:20 PM

I would buy large stuff from Argos on credit as long as they keep giving you a six or 12 month interest free option. How can that not be worth it?! It's a no brainer.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 11:21 PM

Almost all purchases made on credit, but balance is always paid off before interest is due. I too like the purchase protection, easy returns (like when a receipt is lost) and for tracking income tax deductions and where purchases go.

I rarely pay in cash because I can't look back easily and see where the money has gone. Tracking cash receipts drives me bonkers.

Mortgages, yes - especially when investing cash was yielding higher returns than the mortgage payments - but always for no more than 15 years. Some property is paid off and the other will be paid off by retirement age.

'Twas painful in youth, though! <---- Back to edit this.

It wasn't painful; it was actually motivational...and in a way...romantic! I remember looking in nice restaurants and thinking how much I wanted to dress up and dine in a place with white linens, but my imagination was probably better than what the dining experience of the people inside. I watched sunsets, while other people watched cable TV, and hiked the high Sierra Nevada while my friends were partying in Mexico. Maybe it wasn't so bad after all .
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 10:33 AM

I would never buy anything on credit. If I cant afford to pay for something, then I do without. If I buy a large item then I put it on my Credit Card (for protection) but pay it off before the due date. When I was married, he racked up huge debts and this caused many rows and sleepless nights on my part. After my divorce I swore I would live within my means, no matter how poorly. This is still my philosophy.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top