Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 12:29 PM

Does This Ring Any Bells With Anyone?

It does me! I am such a worrier about my children.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	2339DB37-B717-4274-ADC9-A759FF0D94A2.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	5914  
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 12:34 PM

Re: Does This Ring Any Bells With Anyone?

My children would not be happy if I was always wanting to know their every move.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
My children would not be happy if I was always wanting to know their every move.
It’s not about knowing their every move. it’s about knowing that they are safe or have arrived safely.

I can’t see anything wrong in really caring about your children even, if it does make you sound neurotic!!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 12:39 PM

They would tell me I would hear it on the news if the plane had crashed!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 12:43 PM

When my daughter was travelling for 10 months she claimed I was the best mother in the world because I refused to worry and I refused to ask/ make her call regularly, only when she felt she wanted to.

She said other youngsters she met up with regularly forgot or couldn't for some reason, and it really preyed on their minds and sometimes sent them on guilt trips which spoilt things...

I suppose I learnt from my mum who always said, "love them and let them go".

Worrying is nothing to do with loving and caring.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

15-05-2018, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
When my daughter was travelling for 10 months she claimed I was the best mother in the world because I refused to worry and I refused to ask/ make her call regularly, only when she felt she wanted to.

She said other youngsters she met up with regularly forgot or couldn't for some reason, and it really preyed on their minds and sometimes sent them on guilt trips which spoilt things...

I suppose I learnt from my mum who always said, "love them and let them go".

Worrying is nothing to do with loving and caring.
ruthio, l can assure you, l have always been a very laid back parent and let my children go. Four of my children have backpacked and travelled to many places in the world.

I wonder though, ruthio, has your daughter ever been attacked, like one of my daughters was once?
I’m afraid, when that happens in your family, you can’t help but be concerned until you know they have reached their destination safely.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 01:43 PM

My sister is dreadfull, her daughters who are in their 40's still have to let her know where they are going and when they get there.
I gave up asking my son to let me know when he got somewhere when he went to Uni after he said 'What are you going to do if I haven't got there send out a search party' I had to admit he had a point .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
ruthio, l can assure you, l have always been a very laid back parent and let my children go. Four of my children have backpacked and travelled to many places in the world.

I wonder though, ruthio, has your daughter ever been attacked, like one of my daughters was once?
I’m afraid, when that happens in your family, you can’t help but be concerned until you know they have reached their destination safely.
Art I don't have any children but, when my youngest sister gets a lift home from her boyfriend & the roads are icy, I always ask her to phone me and let me know she has arrived safely... it puts your mind at rest! Just think if they had an accident on a quiet country lane in freezing temps,they could be knocked unconscious and die of hypothermia, if nobody had seen the accident! I would rather be accused of caring too much, than feel guilty that I hadn't cared enough!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 01:46 PM

I always used to ring home up until I was about eighteen, then I just sort of forgot. Still do tbh.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

15-05-2018, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
My sister is dreadfull, her daughters who are in their 40's still have to let her know where they are going and when they get there.
I gave up asking my son to let me know when he got somewhere when he went to Uni after he said 'What are you going to do if I haven't got there send out a search party' I had to admit he had a point .
Meg, Hearing about your sister, makes me feel better!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top