Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 09:33 PM

Swivel heads

There's a lad at work who constantly looks around him all the time as he walks, turning his head all the way around and looking behind him.

There's a woman at my gym who is similar and stares at everybody. Not with a warm, welcoming happy smile, but with the most unsmiling, stony-faced scowl you could imagine.
I always wonder if it's just me. Perhaps I'm insecure or something, or maybe I have a huge orange spot in the middle of my face?

When I walk I mind my own business. I'm fairly observant of my surroundings, but I don't feel the need to glare at others.

Are you a swivel-headed individual?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 09:38 PM

Re: Swivel heads

no and I'm not observant either, I trip over my own shadow so if I were a swivel head well, god knows what would happen lol
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
no and I'm not observant either, I trip over my own shadow so if I were a swivel head well, god knows what would happen lol
It depends where the sun is. If your shadow is in front of you, you should be okay to walk around in safety without fear of tripping over it
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
It depends where the sun is. If your shadow is in front of you, you should be okay to walk around in safety without fear of tripping over it
you don't know me well enough obviously haha
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 10:14 PM

Only...yet always...when I drive.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 10:17 PM

Observant enough to throw a "Good Morning" at someone, who, obviously does not want to reciprocate.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 10:37 PM

Are you a swivel-headed individual?
I prefer to walk through farm animals rather than humans and give them the odd sideways glance since a sheep pawed the ground and head butted me a couple of years ago
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 11:54 PM

I could trip over a blade of grass so have to keep my eyes dead ahead.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 06:47 AM

I have a pal who does that Floydy and she listens in on other people conversation too, sometimes if we have coffee (which is rare these days) I wonder is she with me or the people on the next table!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 08:21 AM

No, I don't take any notice of other people, not unless they really stand out. I must admit when I used to go to the Gym here where I live, nobody took any notice of you at all, they just carried on with their own routines.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top