Join for free
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 09:50 PM

Same

All folks appear to do nowadays is, try to make things the same, diversity has gone out the window, culture has become culpable, how other folk live is no longer a question, having made it all the same, will folks be happier?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 09:53 PM

Re: Same

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
All folks appear to do nowadays is, try to make things the same, diversity has gone out the window, culture has become culpable, how other folk live is no longer a question, having made it all the same, will folks be happier?
They try to make everyone think the same and agree on everything too.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 09:56 PM

I'm discovering a whole new world with my TV. It's amazing what one can learn by going 7 years without one.

One bad thing is all the gambling commercials - I think eventually they'll go away like tobacco ones did.

But I agree; ultimately we are being served a very homogenised experience.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 10:36 PM

It's the same old song, with a different meaning since you've been gone.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 10:51 PM

The Song, Remains the Same.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 10:54 PM

The Song, Remains the Same.
Have you gone?
I rest my case
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 03:31 AM

It's the same old scene.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
One bad thing is all the gambling commercials - I think eventually they'll go away like tobacco ones did.
Ffosse,m'main man-you obviously can walk on water,bruv!
I've just arrived home from my mate's house, [he's now a tad wobbly due to ill health]...and we were discussing this very thing. Not allowed to advertise ciggies,baccy or even those e-cig things on tv...but are allowed to entice everyone to gamble themselves into debt to the point of suicide attempts/families breaking up/losing homes;even making it seem like gamblers can't lose by carefully wording the adverts. No,mate-you hit it right on the conk. But eventually,having bankrupted the gullible,the companies will decide the income doesn't justify the outlay...pity it'll be too late for so many.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 04:20 AM

erhmm erhmm - hi Mr Jackhammer - care to give some examples or do you just want to be the same?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

14-07-2019, 10:08 PM

Ok Gummy folks used to like Tea, now they like Coffee, and can be witnessed on a village High Street, supping at 9.30am on a Sunday morning whilst the Church Bells are chiming in their usual discord fashion, I bet they are reminiscing the loss of the Tea culture.

Viva the campanologists in all their glory, especially Rosie Lee.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top