Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 08:45 PM

Re: What does one wear?

Originally Posted by Mags ->
..... and you would be allowed to wear your corn plasters
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 09:05 PM

corn plasters, string vest, bandana and unhinged cringe.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
String vest of course, lets ya pores breath.
I'll have me liberty bodice on Nom, rubber buttons done up snuggly!

I can do power sitting if that's any good Panda and power getting up if I have wind!
As for swimming, I hate water, not only is it wet it drowns you. As soon as I get into water I get terrible cramps in my feet and legs and if it gets up to my chest I can't breathe.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm no expert but wouldn't you need to be bare footed?

Most of the yoga people go barefoot dongle.
In fact, we are not allowed to wear shoes even if we wanted to.
In my Saturday class, we have to leave them on racks in the foyer, not even allowed into the hall wearing them.
In other classes we can leave them round the edge of the hall.

I will find out for sure why, and let you know, but I believe it is because they think they carry outside germs and dirt into their religious building. I take mine of in respect of their belief, it's no effort after all.

Tess, I used to do Tai Chi years ago but can't remember if we worse trainers/plimpsolls or barefoot now.
Think I'd dress like Aysa said, trackie bottoms, loose T.shirt and trainers, then watch whether the others take their shoes off or not.

I would imagine it is better barefoot though, the way it is done in their own country.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

I would imagine it is better barefoot though, the way it is done in their own country.
It was barefoot when I used to go.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 08:21 AM

I'd better trim me toe hair, paint toenails and de-crust me athlete's foot (although that might impress) just in case then!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 08:22 AM

Apologies TessA, I got caught in the flow of corn plaster talk.

Of course you'll be wearing a happy smile.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

10-09-2018, 08:28 AM

Not sure about that, a lot of huffing, puffing and, "can someone help me get back up please?" going on I expect!
Although I do have the tendency to roll about laughing hysterically.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 02:01 AM

How great you are giving this a go!

Now unless you are bent on showing off your newly manicured toes, you can also order Tai Chi slippers online.

Also try going to Amazon and searching "studio wrap shoes." I have a pair that I like, but I wouldn't invest in them until you are sure you want to give this a go since you can't really wear them except for yoga and the like.

Let us know how it goes once your laughter subsides enough for you to get up and get to the keyboard .
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 02:41 AM

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top