Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 06:03 PM

Premonition.....

Do you ever experience a premonition or a feeing of Deja vu? ....

Believe it or not, I had one, and the person had died. I was shocked. I have also had other "feelings" that something bad is going to happen and it did.....

How about you?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 10:02 PM

Re: Premonition.....

Blimey Blue - that's a bit morbid and creepy !

If i had any premonitiions, I would prefer them to be about something good or exciting about to happen.

I'd rather not know about impending death and disaster thanks, it would worry me too much.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 11:20 PM

Yes I have have premonitions, mainly in dreams. Our subconscious frequently picks up signals we miss.

The psychological explanation is that people attach meaning to feelings where something happens, whilst not attaching meaning to feelings when nothing happens. We create our own reality.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 11:35 PM

There may be trouble when dreams and awake coincide.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 12:13 AM

I have had premonitions that a certain lady is expecting a baby and they are!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 12:17 AM

How many ladies.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 12:17 AM

The only one time this did happen to me was when my previous dog died.
We were extremely close, we knew each others every thought.
He was devoted to me, and I adored him.

I think it was about 3 days before he died that I dreamed I was at the vets with him and the vet said his time had come. In this dream I heard the words, and saw me with my arms round my dog, sobbing.

I woke up with tears streaming down my face, it was so very real.

Three days later, my beautiful German Shepherd collapsed in the kitchen.
I struggled, but finally managed to get him up and into my car and straight to the vet's.

The vet had to carry him in, he could no longer stand.

While my boy was laid on the vet's table, the brief conversation between my vet and me was word for word the same as I heard in my dream, culminating in my worse fears.

I remember it was the weirdest feeling. I can't explain it. It didn't feel like I was properly awake, it was like I was hearing his words from somewhere else.
Then sure enough, my arms were around my dog, holding him for the last time, and I was sobbing my heart out.

Exactly as I had dreamed, and as I said, even the conversation was the identical.

I have my theory on what happened, but no proof.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 07:26 AM

Oh Meg, that's so sad but equally extraordinary.

I've had similar experiences but nothing so heart-breaking. Do you now see that experience as a positive one? Or do you think you somehow picked up on your dog's illness? I really am curious about your theory.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 10:24 AM

I've had a few deja vu experiences, I sometimes get a feeling a dread too but no idea what I dread then something awful happens like a plane going down.
I also had a few odd experiences seeing the past, if we are somewhere something happened I see it happening if that makes sense. Usually before I'm told what's happened.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 10:44 AM

I read a very credible scientific explanation about deja vu.

Information as it passes through your brain is filtered to make sure it makes sense to you BUT the Fight or Flight mechanism bypasses all these filters so that your body is ready to act instantly in the event of danger.

Sometimes events/information give you such a shock that they also pass through the fight or flight channel but a nano second later the same information also arrives via normal filtered, slower channel so your brains thinks, "Hang on that happened before". Hence the feeling of deja vu.

My explanation is not quite right, relying as it does on my memory of something I read ages ago, but I hope you get the general idea.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top