Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 10:28 AM

Re: Chatbots

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
What is it? Don't we already have a chit chat thread area?
Usually a banner at top or bottom of the forum floydy where you type in your comment and it moves along so next person can say something. Like a proper conversation.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Usually a banner at top or bottom of the forum floydy where you type in your comment and it moves along so next person can say something. Like a proper conversation.
Sounds like FB tripe to me, Julie.
Someone says they had a jam sandwich for breakfast and the next person says they had porridge.
For people who don't really go anyplace.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 01:57 PM

Someone says they had a jam sandwich for breakfast and the next person says they had porridge.
Ours didn't work like that and we pre dated face book, we used it to say hello, wish happy birthdays and party. We'd select a day and time and have as many as could get on line all bring virtual things, and have a really daft time.
It was also useful if anyone went missing we could give a shout out had anyone heard from that person and pass on get well wishes etc.

We had a lunch thread on the forum for what are you eating type things much like here.
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 02:03 PM

I wonder if the title of the thread should have been 'Chatbox' rather than 'Chatbot' as there really is no need for a 'Chatbot' on a forum?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 02:17 PM

Ours didn't work like that and we pre dated face book, we used it to say hello, wish happy birthdays and party. We'd select a day and time and have as many as could get on line all bring virtual things, and have a really daft time.
It was also useful if anyone went missing we could give a shout out had anyone heard from that person and pass on get well wishes etc.

We had a lunch thread on the forum for what are you eating type things much like here.
But is it intelligent conversation and discussion?
The Candy Bar springs to mind?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

19-11-2018, 02:21 PM

But is it intelligent conversation and discussion?
The Candy Bar springs to mind?
Depends if you think friendly chat is intelligent I guess, it wasn't war and peace just 100 or more members popping in to say hello and see how others were doing. We got a lot of new members through it too as we saw visitors arrive we'd shout out welcome please come and join us, and we could always do with more posters I always think.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Is it time for Forums to have a Chatbot section?
what on earth is the point of a "chatbot" why would anyone want a conversation with one\?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

19-11-2018, 03:01 PM

Depends if you think friendly chat is intelligent I guess, it wasn't war and peace just 100 or more members popping in to say hello and see how others were doing. We got a lot of new members through it too as we saw visitors arrive we'd shout out welcome please come and join us, and we could always do with more posters I always think.
That's fair enough, Julie I am always sceptical of anything with the word "chat" involved on the internet. As I mentioned earlier, Fakebook does nothing for me with its mindless drivel for narcissists, but if it's on a higher level than that you talk about, why not put it forward to Azz?
I do feel that we already chat and converse already though through the regular threads which are posted on here daily, so I'm wondering if there is a marked difference in what Chatbots is for in our case?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

19-11-2018, 03:16 PM

That's fair enough, Julie I am always sceptical of anything with the word "chat" involved on the internet. As I mentioned earlier, Fakebook does nothing for me with its mindless drivel for narcissists, but if it's on a higher level than that you talk about, why not put it forward to Azz?
I do feel that we already chat and converse already though through the regular threads which are posted on here daily, so I'm wondering if there is a marked difference in what Chatbots is for in our case?
I haven't put it forward for reasons I gave earlier, I'm not sure technology on this platform would support it and it was expensive when we ran it on ours. I try not to suggest he spends money he might want us all to contribute
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 03:20 PM

I had cereal. I shall post a picture of it later.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top