Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 04:34 PM

Re: Chatbots

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I had cereal. I shall post a picture of it later.
Please don't
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Please don't
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 08:33 PM

I would not like one of those two way chat boxes come up on my screen.
You’re trying to post on the forum and the chat box thing keeps flashing for you to chat to the person who is contacting you.
Suddenly, your post goes all skew-wiff and you lose your train of thought!
Usually, the person who calls you writes in text talk asking what you have planned for the day! You have to decipher the text talk before you can reply. In the meantime, another message comes through and you haven’t even replied to the previous message!
They then make a remark like...’Where have you gone?’.
You are still frantically typing and apologising.
Next thing, they’ve gone!

Thanks but no thanks!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 08:36 PM

Isn't a chatbot artificial?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 08:41 PM

Isn't a chatbot artificial?
Longy, I have just googled chatbot and l think you’re right. So l have just posted that long post and it’s got nothing to do with the thread subject!! Whoops!

I must go now and have a chat with Siri, my imaginary friend!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-11-2018, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Longy, I have just googled chatbot and l think you’re right. So l have just posted that long post and it’s got nothing to do with the thread subject!! Whoops!

I must go now and have a chat with Siri, my imaginary friend!!
I think the confusion is between chatbots and chatrooms. I dislike both.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

19-11-2018, 08:57 PM

I think the confusion is between chatbots and chatrooms. I dislike both.
I don’t like chatrooms either as l find it hard, to read, think, type and reply at a great speed!

I was talking about the speed one to one chatboxes. I feel exhausted even thinking about them!!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 09:09 PM

It's not going to happen on this forum anyway. People are too set in their ways to embrace a younger person's communication system.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I would not like one of those two way chat boxes come up on my screen.
You’re trying to post on the forum and the chat box thing keeps flashing for you to chat to the person who is contacting you.
Suddenly, your post goes all skew-wiff and you lose your train of thought!
Usually, the person who calls you writes in text talk asking what you have planned for the day! You have to decipher the text talk before you can reply. In the meantime, another message comes through and you haven’t even replied to the previous message!
They then make a remark like...’Where have you gone?’.
You are still frantically typing and apologising.
Next thing, they’ve gone!

Thanks but no thanks!
That's not how most work they are a simple banner at top of the screen no appearing out of no where etc. certainly no flashing They are a scrolling conversation too not linear so nothing like you are imagining.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
what on earth is the point of a "chatbot" why would anyone want a conversation with one\?

The point it is you may not have a choice in the matter.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top